Pouch isn't playing nice

tracyps
on 1/5/17 6:11 am
RNY on 09/20/16

I have been doing so well the last few weeks.  Everything is staying down, no pain, that was until last night.  I baked some chicken, it was still good and moist and the first bite got "stuck."  So to the bathroom I go trying to puke without bending over, which is a skill I am still trying to master.  The chicken and lots of foam later I decided to just lay down and go to bed.  Got up this morning, had my coffee, feeling fine.  Tried to eat some eggs like I do every morning and BAM- stuck again.  I have two theories. First theory, the chicken from last night irritated something and will mean liquids for a few days OR my pouch and waged war on me.  What are your thoughts?

One Bad Beach
on 1/5/17 6:24 am
RNY on 11/28/16

Might just be irritation from the chicken last night.  That would be my first thought.  I would try pureed and full liquids for the rest of the day.  This same thing happened to me over Christmas with a carrot and a cucumber.....picky little pouches sometimes.

Good luck!

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me." --Carol Burnett

RNY 11/28/2016

HW 285 - SW 244

The Salty Hag
on 1/5/17 6:42 am
RNY on 05/20/13

Most likely just irritation from the chicken. Take it easy for today. I don't know the protocol for relief other than time, but I'm sure others will chime in. ( by some miracle, I never had anything get stuck. Watch..I bet I've just jinxed myself..haha. ) 

Hope you feel better soon. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Grim_Traveller
on 1/5/17 7:44 am
RNY on 08/21/12

As others said, ake it easy for a couple of days after an incident like that. Maybe just shakes or yogurt. 99 percent of the time, you'll be fine.

It could be a stricture, but since it started with a specific issue, it likely is not.

Chicken is still harder for me than other things.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Sarahakers11
on 1/5/17 7:55 am - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with

I have the hardest time with chicken unless its thighs or legs.  I'm sorry your still feeling poorly my guess is your little hole is a little swollen so just chew extra extra good for a few days.  Avoid to much space and maybe stick with stuff that is really soft.  If find laying on my left side also helps if something gets stuck. Not sure why I suppose the little hole is on that side so it helps move things through!

HW - 297  start of Pre-op - 290.2   SW- 279.2   GW - 145    

The Depressed Hiker Blog

A middle aged over the hump and over what "I'm suppose to do" woman, with the wild spirit and a nasty case of depression and anxiety!

CJ On Orcas
on 1/5/17 9:26 am
RNY on 09/09/16

Chicken is still almost impossible for me, any kind.  I keep trying but some days it is so much easier to stick with yogurt ;).  And I absolutely hate that stuck feeling.  Want to avoid that feeling at all costs.

robinreinhardt
on 1/5/17 10:20 am

The exact thing happened to me when I was early on. I actually passed out in the garage and hit my head. I'm thinking I just ate too fast because I was hungry. No one at my doctor could tell me why.

Good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 89 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 369 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 367 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 309 views