Apollo Over stitch on April 12,/2017

edie121
on 4/3/17 8:43 am, edited 4/4/17 8:08 am
Hi, I had my original bypass surgery in December 2010. I lost about 90 lbs. In 7 months or so and stopped losing and eventually regained about 30 lbs which means I need to lose about 100 lbs. I never had as much restriction as my two sisters did who also had RNY so maybe my pouch wasn't as small as theirs or more likely I wasn't as compliant as they were. Bad habits as far as drinking with meals and letting carbs and junk food back in certainly played a large part of it. Right now i can eat a plate of food, way more than i should be eating. But the good news is I'm getting a second chance with the Apollo Overstitch Procedure on April 12, 2017. I know how lucky I am to get this second chance and am going to do everything right this time. I was wondering if anyone else has had this procedure done and what kind of success they'd had with it.<br />
Thanks<br />
Edie
Edie
White Dove
on 4/3/17 9:31 am - Warren, OH

I would suggest posting this on the Revision forum. Also ask you surgeon if he has any patients who had the procedure that you can talk with.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Tri_harder
on 4/3/17 9:59 am

My RNY failed right out the shoot. I had the Retore trial shortly after my RNY. They cancelled the study. The staples were too short and as soon as I started solid food (6 months after the procedure) the staples popped.

My Gi doctor said the Apollo was much better. He is one of the "Best doctors in America". The tool was easier to work and he had good results with the procedure.

I tried to have insurance approve it twice but both insurance companies (a couple of years apart) turned it down.

I wish you the best and you will be in my prayers. You are so blessed to be getting the procedure.

Sincerely, Tri

edie121
on 4/3/17 10:34 am
Thank you so much Tri, I hope you get to have it done too, keeping you in my prayers also.
Take care,
Edie
Edie
Gavin B.
on 4/6/17 5:32 pm - Orlando, FL

Did your insurance approved?

edie121
on 4/7/17 3:07 am
Yes I was lucky it was approved.
Edie
Gavin B.
on 4/9/17 6:50 am - Orlando, FL

Hi Edie, you have a few more days to go. My doctor suggested this procedure but I've read so many bad things about it. Not sure if I should do it or not. Do you mind telling me where to go to get additional information. I just cannot understand why people will not lose weight if the pouch is getting smaller.

Grim_Traveller
on 4/9/17 7:58 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Having a tiny stomach or stoma will only do so much to help control our weight. There are lots of things we can do do get around that.

Drinking calories, eating soft, high calorie foods will do it. Eating slider foods like chips, crackers and toast will make us gain. Eating a tiny bit at a time on and off all day long will take in way more calories than we burn, and lead to weight gain.

There are endless ways to eat around the world's smallest stomach. In the end, finding a way to control our brains leads to the only result we are seeking.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

edie121
on 4/9/17 9:17 am
Hi Gavin,

My Dr. Recommended the Apollo for me. I had an endoscopy done in October that showed my pouch was stretched larger and my stoma had stretched lot. I can eat larger potions than I should be able to, like a regular size plate of food and i also let junk and fast food back in my diet big time. I don't get the sense of fullness right now from eating Bariatric portions and find myself hungry all the time. I'm using this opportunity to get my appetite and portions under control and eating the right foods, protein first, then veggies/fruits and if room 1/4 cup carbs if I have room. If I don't practice good habits I will gain weight again, the restriction will be a great tool, but eating right is the only way I will keep it off.
Take care
Edie
Edie
Most Active
Recent Topics