Soo many questions from RNY peeps

dawnleigh44
on 4/15/17 4:49 am

Very seriously interesting information. Do you possibly know RNY to revision of same? I can look it up if not.

Queen JB
on 4/13/17 5:01 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I revised from band to byass at 160lbs and now sit happily around 117.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Loril1963
on 4/13/17 5:22 am
RNY on 10/28/16

My sister went from band to RNY 2 years ago. She had already lost 45 lbs with the band and only had 40 more to go. Due to many complications with the band she had reversal surgery to RNY and lost the remaining 40lbs. To this day she says it was the best thing she ever did. Hope this helps.

NERH1010
on 4/13/17 9:43 am

Hello,

I had RNY July 11, 2016 and I am down 115lbs I also had Lap Band in 2009 which was an epic fail and like you had to wait for approval it was a long hard struggle and feeling like a failure with lap band.

Since then I have lost weight a little slower than others due to revision I was told by my Dr that it takes little longer but needless to say I am losing which is the best part and I am so happy I did have RNY.

It is not easy but take it one day at a time and you will be fine follow your Dr's regimen and take it one day at a time with me as long as I lose I am a lb away from being healthy and that is a good day since I cannot remember ever being thin.

Good Luck

mschwab
on 4/13/17 9:45 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Stop listening to your co worker. She clearly does not know what she is taking about. Believe me, you do have control over how much weight you lose, and dumping syndrome does not happen for everyone. For instance, i don't dump. Even if you are one of the 30%, you have the control over it by not eating high sugary foods. People that are ill informed love to tell horror stories. Don't listen to them, and seek informed information from people that have gone before you, bariatric professionals and other trusted medical resources.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

AngAng
on 4/17/17 1:35 pm

Thank you everyone for your input. I met with the surgeon this weekend. Wow, what a difference in information. I asked a zillion questions. #1 yes, you do have control over your weight loss. #2 Dumping happens to some people and its caused mostly from refined sugars. #3 not everyone looks gaunt, zombie like, and malnourished. You need to be committed to taking vitamins everyday for the rest of your life. The surgeon even said that recovery time from RNY is shorter than the sleeve. The introduction of solid foods isn't as long as the sleeve. My surgeon has performed this surgery for over 15 years... and is very skilled. I am very comfortable with him and he did point out a few things about the Lap Band, that I currently have, that will be fixed. with the RNY, no more heartburn, no more "getting stuck". You still have to eat slow and chew your food well, but nothing like the lap band. I'm excited. I have to have the psych eval, a cardiac clearance ... then scheduling... which is about 6 weeks out. I am hoping to have this done by the end of June! woo hoo

AngAng

Revision Lap Band to RNY Approved 5/10/17 Surgery Date 6/6/2017

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 245 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 267 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views