Hangover or something else

tracyps
on 7/5/17 5:40 am
RNY on 09/20/16

So Monday night i drank way to much Fireball. It kind of snuck up on me in my defense. ANYWAY- yesterday and today i have had a dull headache and feel really shaky, almost like my blood sugar is low. It very well could be the hangover i deserve but it seems to be lasting forever. Any pointers? I am drinking plenty of water.

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/5/17 5:53 am

Minerals- magnesium, potassium and salt. Extra vitamins. Like B1.

Any alcohol affects my BS long term. Not while a drink but for 8-24 hours after. It messes up with liver enzymes that can regulate the BS. Plus taking Tylenol while you hangover is big no-on. It can damage your liver.

Pickle juice, or low sodium v-8. ( Low sodium V-8 Has potassium)

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 7/5/17 9:23 am

One piece of advice is don't drink Fireball. Not being mean. Just saying.

Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 7/7/17 7:42 pm - Belleville, IL

No disrespect, but WHY are you drinking alcohol? It is just pure fermented sugar...Yeah it's a hangover and if you have RNY surgery alcohol affects you a lot different than someone with a "normal stomach". In fact if you drink on 6oz beer you will come up as over the legal limit and you CAN and WILL get a D.U.I (Or lose consciousness and who knows what will happen) My bariatric surgeon drilled into ALL his patients head that ANY alcohol is bad, period. Just stoop it, OK? Best of health and don't tempt death and fate.

Warmly,

Jackie

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 92 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 369 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 368 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 309 views