on 7/26/17 7:00 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Totally get the "drug" thing.

Food is my drug of choice, too.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Mandi87
on 7/26/17 9:17 am
RNY on 12/08/16

It's a real struggle for sure. Every time someone tries to get me to eat something I'm not supposed to or offers me something they know I will struggle to say no to it feels like I'm being handed a needle or pipe and the person is saying "it's ok, just a little won't kill you. You'll be fine. Quit being so high and mighty, you're no better than the rest of us."

obviously I don't feel better than anyone but I get this vibe from people that my food choices some how make me an elitist.. Does that even make sense? It's so frustrating lol!

ScaleSkater
on 7/25/17 4:15 pm

Situations like this make me appreciate my surgeon's program. Really good support and guidance (not perfect as they are in the eat crackers camp), but we welcome all in our support groups. Maybe you can find one with a different medical group.

HW 510 / SW 424/ GW 175 (stretch goal to get 10 under) / CW 160 (I'm near the charts ideal weight - wonder if I can stay here)

RNY November 2016

PS: L/R arm skin removal; belt panniculectomy - April, 2019

Mandi87
on 7/25/17 4:32 pm
RNY on 12/08/16

Looking into that. I know there's a support group called OA that is local for me but I don't know when/how often they meet. I'll have to look into it. Hopefully I won't be the only bariatric member at the meeting. I'm so darn self-conscious about that still :-/

Teena D.
on 7/26/17 6:57 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

I can't really add anything to what's already been said. I am fortunate enough to have met Daisy and consider her a IRL friend. She's been like my own personal coach for these last few months and I'm so very grateful for all her tough love, and encouragement.

I don't know when you had your surgery, but others have indicated that it was 7 months ago? I'm 6.5 month out. I do not cheat. Not ever. And as far as I'm concerned, there are some foods that I will never eat again, and others that will wait until I'm at or below goal.

I'm not trying to sound judgmental or preachy honestly! It's just that we've been given a golden opportunity to get the weight off, and keep it off but it's not easy, and it requires lots of hard work. I'm sure that you can do this- because if I can, anyone can. Log everything in My Fitness Pal or the diary of your choosing, and spend some time on the daily menu thread. Every day you have to make the choice to live the bariatric life - some days, and hopefully with time most days- will be automatic, and other days not so much. It requires a conscious effort.

Some quotes from here that help me - "Food is fuel" and "Hunger is not an emergency". I'm really working on changing my brain to see it this way, and it's isn't easy. But I hope that during this losing stage, I can keep working on my brain so that I can maintain these amazing results for years to come.

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

CerealKiller Kat71
on 7/26/17 6:58 am
RNY on 12/31/13

You're doing an amazing job, Teena. You should be so proud of yourself.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Mandi87
on 7/26/17 9:52 pm, edited 7/26/17 2:52 pm
RNY on 12/08/16

Thanks, Teena!

I've just been getting back on track with my tracking and staying within my calorie limit. It's been tough but I know I can do it. I've come too far and given up so much that I have to keep on keepin' on so that I can proudly say that it wasn't all for nothing and that I wasn't able to change my ways of using food as my go-to drug. I am ready to get back to being truly serious about this journey. All of your support is really helping to me be accountable and stay on track. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart!

(deactivated member)
on 7/27/17 3:55 am
VSG on 12/28/16

Mandi Thanks for posting your struggle. It's a help to others in the same situation and the responses here on OH are really good. I'm also 7 months out (12/28/16) and my loss is starting to slow so reading all the replies to you is helpful to me too. Good luck and keep checking in.

Mandi87
on 7/27/17 7:33 am
RNY on 12/08/16

AZLoser,

I am so glad that my post's replies can help others as well! Everyone's response has definitely had a huge, positive impact on me so I'm ever grateful. I'm also always here to turn to if you need somebody in the same stage to relate with. We have to stick to this though! No more excuses. I always tell my clients "you can have results or excuses, you don't get both."..... If I could just listen to my own words more often hahahahaha! We've got this! We know what we have to do so let's do it! ;)

Mandi87
on 7/27/17 7:37 am
RNY on 12/08/16
Most Active
Recent Topics