How much time did you take off after surgery?

DonnaMaria
on 9/4/17 4:52 pm

I had revision to bypass on Thursday. I want d to take two weeks off however my surgeon was firm that I take three weeks. I work at a garden center so my job is quite physical.

Sylvia G.
on 9/4/17 6:38 pm
RNY on 07/26/17

I am a tax compliance auditor. It's a fairly sedentary job except Sept-Dec I travel to jobs throughout my state. My surgeon authorized 6 weeks and I took all 6 because as soon as I return to work, I'm on the road.

I'm really dreading the return to work and it's not just the travel, it's a very stressful and challenging job.

(deactivated member)
on 9/5/17 7:13 am
RNY on 09/22/16

Nurse, but I do admin work currently. Had surgery done on Thursday, went home Friday. Took off the next week and went back full time Monday (had a Director's conference) . So took off one week vacation and two days sick.

Ceci

AngAng
on 9/6/17 8:14 am

I had lap band to by pass and hernia repair. I normally heal very quickly and have a high pain tolerance. None of which came in to play for this surgery. I figured 10 days and I would be good to go. NOPE, I was out 3 weeks and 3 days.. and was still very tired. I am also 53 years old. The pain isn't the problem its getting adjusted to drinking and eating... and feeling strong enough to make it through the day without a nap. I have a desk job, and I am still very tired. I had surgery on Aug. 7th. You have to be VERY aware of what you are drinking and eating all the time...or you can get tired and weak QUICKLY! I do.

AngAng

Revision Lap Band to RNY Approved 5/10/17 Surgery Date 6/6/2017

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 268 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 319 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 337 views