Question on patches

racemomss
on 9/6/17 2:38 pm - TX
VSG on 08/29/12

Does anyone have experience with the vitamin patches? I'm concerned about my liquid vitamins, vitamin d, and Lexapro absorbing. I have seen surgeon, and my normal counselor and tomorrow I see my general Dr. I'm still emotional about what could go wrong in the future and can't stop the fears of everything. I'm going back to work on Monday and hope that will help distract my crazy thoughts and sadness.

NYMom222
on 9/6/17 8:15 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I personally have felt the patches work well for me, I absorb them well. I recently went on the iron patch due to low ferritin... and even though it was the same dosage as the pill I had been taking, my ferritin went up 12 points in 8 weeks.

I think anytime you start something new it's important to go for followup bloodwork at 3 months and 6 months if you can.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/6/17 9:04 pm - OH

I have been using the patches for close to 2 years now and have had very good results. I supplement with some additional iron daily, and with additional Vit D 2x a week, but that is it. My calcium levels are actually MUCH better with the lower dose that is in the patch than when I was taking the oral calcium citrate.

I love the patches. I didn't mind doing vitamins 4x a day for the first few years, but by about year 7 (when it became 5x a day because I had to add a 4th dose of calcium) I was so over it and so was pretty quick to try the patches even though they were new.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Daisydoo02
on 9/7/17 3:43 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

LOVE the PatchMD patches! I have been using them for a year now and my lab work is excellent.

I use:

1. Iron Patch
  2. Multi vitamin patch
  3. B12 patch
  4. Calcium/Vitamin D (combined in one) patch

Best monthly investment ever!

If you sign up on their website for emails they send you promotion codes, if you sign up for a recurring monthly order (which I do) you get 40% off your order and a one time order you get 30% off.

Yes FYI my centre is against the patches but frankly I really don't care, this is my body not theirs and after being on the patches for one year and I have great lab results it proves they work. I wear the four patches just under my belly button, I shower each day, dry off, put the patches on and then take them off when I go to bed. Easy peasy!

Go to PatchMD.com and check it out, really great product!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

pammieanne
on 9/7/17 6:47 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

I've been using them for about a year now. I started at just 3 months out from surgery... my doctor was very skeptical, but my labs have been great, and I remind him every time that I see him that I'm his 'guinea pig' for them... hoping he'll take notice that they work well for me and possibly change his thoughts on them.

I take the Calcium/Vit D, Iron, and the Multi patch (I get my B12 in a shot form once a month)

I put them on my back or my shoulders every morning and it's easy peasy!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics