I binged today...feel awful :(

Lucile777
on 1/30/18 1:43 pm

I was off today and I started the day out right with high protein in my diet. Then I had popcorn twice, butter chicken and a HUGE. Bowl of ice cream. I feel awful physically. Feels like I'm going to throw up but I won't... lots of burps you know? Oh and one Reese peanut butter cup. I'm only 3 months out. I am so terrified that I will slip into old habits. I realized that the bowl I ate would've been equivalent to a preop bowl. Sweet lord help me get through this. Gross. Just feel grossssss. The days not even over yet but I swear I am so bloated I cannot eat another morsel. Have you ever done this? Have you never done this? RNY vets please let me know if you had a day like this and you were able to fight your demons and have been a success. Arghhhhhh! Much love

Emiepie
on 1/30/18 2:55 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I am so sorry that you are experiencing this, but for me it can put things into perspective that my tool is there and doing it's job. When I have had this happen, the only way I found any relief was to walk...even if was pacing up and down the hall. I hope you can understand my next question is coming from a curious/helpful state of mind and not being judgmental-do you know why these choices were made? Hope you feel better soon.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Lucile777
on 1/30/18 4:50 pm

Yes. My usual trigger- when my kids fight and cry it aggravates the you know what outta me. They're in grade 4 and 2 lol. I need to talk myself outta it next time :)

Emiepie
on 1/30/18 6:34 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

It's good that you know what triggered it. Now is an important time to try different ways to handle this type of situation. Maybe stopping to read or finding a craft or something that you can do for a few minutes until the urge to snack goes away. You can do this!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Lucile777
on 1/30/18 8:06 pm

Thank you kindly:)

peachpie
on 1/30/18 4:00 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

We've all had bad days- and you will never fully escape them. The why is probably more important than what you binged on. You known your triggers, why did you choose to yield to them. What led you there and what will you do when you find yourself in that place again?

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't especially concerned since you are a new post op. This is the time to maximize weight loss and build a routine of good habits. Every day represents a conscious decision on your part to ensure the outcome you desire. Choose your health.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Lucile777
on 1/30/18 4:51 pm

Thank you. I too am concerned. Need to wake up!

Sheila_H
on 1/30/18 5:05 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

No judgement here but curious because you are 3 months post-op.

How did you eat the popcorn? I'm asking because I'm 7 months post-op and can't handle popcorn.

Icecream is my kryptonite. About a month ago I had a child size frozen yogurt. The way my body reacted to it I don't think I'll ever have frozen yogurt. Profused sweating, stomach cramps, dizzy, and the day after I was in the bathroom constantly. In short I'm happy my body reacted that way because if it was up to me I'd still be eating icecream.

So learn and LISTEN to your body. We are so used to eat our emotions instead of eating for fuel that it's hard to actually listen to our body. But "accidents" like this are our wake up calls. Just use it as a lesson and move on...don't beat yourself up (that's what I used to do and then binge more ).

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

TheRealMeWithin
on 1/30/18 5:55 pm - Canada
RNY on 06/02/17

Hopefully you can look back on your day (or past couple of days) and figure out what the trigger was.

Good for you for posting here as the vets here often have great advice

Good luck to you! I hope you can focus and make the most of the honeymoon phase.

Surgery Jun.2/17 at TWH ----- HW 215 - SW 197.2 - GW 125 CW 124.6

Pre-Op=8.8lbs --- Optifast= 8.4 (was on it for 9 days due to cancellation)

M1 - 20.6... M2 -10.2... M3 -8.0... M4 -5.8... M5 -9.0... M6 -5.2... M7 -7.0... M8 -2.2... M9 -0.9... M10 -2.6... M11-0.6... M12-2.0

https://trendweight.com/u/6ffd55753da24d/

Nancy Geoghegan
on 1/30/18 8:18 pm - Lincoln University, PA
RNY on 01/23/18

So sorry. I could never have done this surgery unless I worked with a therapist for many months on why I ate like I did and also what I could do to change my maladaptive behaviors.

Find a good therapist *****ally understands eating disorders - especially binge eating and even if you don't have a "disorder" like I do, they certainly would be able to help you I bet. You are worth it. Keep your chin up.

Nancy Geoghegan

Recent Topics