ANYONE ELSE SERIOUSLY STRUGGLING???

zsnaani
on 7/15/18 11:10 am
RNY on 07/24/15

Brief Stats: lost a significant amount of weight with a gastric bypass almost 3 yrs ago, have kept it off but need to lose more; slight disability; never have had ANY support or connection from another WLS peer or support group; have joined several Facebook groups but I find them to be much too judgmental and quite impersonal; moved to a new state 2 years ago and have been looking for peer support but with no vehicle I am unable to attend the ONLY group I found way across town; CURRENTLY FRUSTRATED AND LOSING MOMENTUM

Any suggestions for locating joint buddy support (not just a group) with someone who has at least as much WLS experience as myself (I would be a great buddy too) on this forum or any other location?

Thanks In Advance :)

TheWombat
on 7/15/18 12:59 pm
VSG on 06/11/18

Perhaps you could contact that group way across town to see if any of their members are near you and would be willing to pick you up. You could offer to pay for petrol.

zsnaani
on 7/16/18 1:52 pm
RNY on 07/24/15

...thanks for the reply take care

NYMom222
on 7/15/18 3:35 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

You can get great support here if you stick around. A good place to start is the daily menu thread.

Good Luck

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

zsnaani
on 7/16/18 1:54 pm
RNY on 07/24/15

...thanks for your assistance take care

(deactivated member)
on 7/15/18 5:19 pm

If you're not into dieting or beating yourself up in 12 step groups ... you might want to try excercising locally at the same time and see if you can hook up with a walking buddy or three. I tried this in Florida and it worked great ! Of course it helps if you're a friendly person ..

zsnaani
on 7/16/18 1:57 pm
RNY on 07/24/15

Due to my disability, I only do water aerobics. I will just keep looking, thanks for your input, take care!

Laura in Texas
on 7/16/18 3:39 am

I have been a part of many groups over the past 10 years- in-person, fb, and here on OH. The fb groups were too much for me. This is the place I get my support. OH is not perfect, and you have to take the good with the bad, but once you get used to it, this is a very supportive place. Sometimes we do not want to hear the advice we get, but I believe most of it is a "tough-love" kind of thing.

Are you seeing a therapist? The toughest part of this whole journey is the mental part. We have to believe we are worth the effort it takes to take care of our health.

Good luck!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

zsnaani
on 7/16/18 2:03 pm
RNY on 07/24/15

...thanks for your input another lady on here encouraged me to become more involved in groups on this site...actually, no I do not see a therapist, I am a therapist and that explains why I prefer 1:1 involvement...take care

JB1114
on 7/16/18 10:30 am - Grain Valley, MO

I'm 10 years out and have maintained a loss of 70 lbs. I had some regain due to too much snacking, but have taken off all but a couple pounds. I'm in the Kansas City, MO, metropolitan area and never found a support group which is surprising considering how large an area it is. My surgeon had a support group but it was geared to new patients.

The What's on Your Menu group here is very supportive and I suggest you check out those posts. There have been times when I've seen some comments here and there that were inappropriate, but I move on and don't let them bother me.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

Most Active
Recent Topics