I found home.

Siacor102
on 9/17/20 12:23 pm

Thank you to all that answered questions and gave input. I feel so welcome here and I know this is going to be the place I spend a lot of time at. I tried to answer and like each of the replies I got on my posts but I am afraid I missed some so I hope you see this if you did not get a reply or like. I am still learning the forums.

Family is still very unsupportive of my decision. I feel like each day is a fight for me at least. If I bring up anything related to the surgery it gets really bad. The husbs can see I am trying to make changes and he doesn't seem to like it. I am getting a lot of comments or suggestions about going places or doing things that will surely lead to me not focusing on eating properly to change my eating habits. So frustrating. So I know this will be my "home away from home" at least in a mental sense for awhile. Happy Thursday everyone.

hollykim
on 9/18/20 9:19 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On September 17, 2020 at 7:23 PM Pacific Time, Siacor102 wrote:

Thank you to all that answered questions and gave input. I feel so welcome here and I know this is going to be the place I spend a lot of time at. I tried to answer and like each of the replies I got on my posts but I am afraid I missed some so I hope you see this if you did not get a reply or like. I am still learning the forums.

Family is still very unsupportive of my decision. I feel like each day is a fight for me at least. If I bring up anything related to the surgery it gets really bad. The husbs can see I am trying to make changes and he doesn't seem to like it. I am getting a lot of comments or suggestions about going places or doing things that will surely lead to me not focusing on eating properly to change my eating habits. So frustrating. So I know this will be my "home away from home" at least in a mental sense for awhile. Happy Thursday everyone.

it's great that you feel welcome here and you are! It is easy as time goes on to become complacent and start to drift away from the support and accountability the site provides.

ppl often start out hung ho, think they have it "under control" only to bomb as life goes on.

I encourage you to not let your participAtion here go by the wayside.

Siacor102
on 9/18/20 5:34 pm

Thank you for the words of wisdom. I have seen a few people who have gotten comfortable in their life after having surgery only to bounce off the path and regain. I know that it can become very easy to do especially when you have the factors I have so this is why I am going to do my very best to be here for support and to support others. I have been participating in the menu thread and others as I see them. I am still getting used to the forums.....

SuMari
on 9/18/20 3:42 pm

I feel you!!! Keep at it and people will see you mean business. Do this for you and the ones who are behind you no matter what will see that you are making a conscious effort. The ones who will love to see you fall will try to keep you there so keep your distance and I've learned that I have boundaries that I am setting and hope you can do the same. I have had a few provide "support" with negative comments about why it wont work and I am constantly trying to prove them wrong.

Most Active
Recent Topics