Overeating

Utodc
on 12/8/21 5:13 pm
RNY on 03/23/17

How does everyone know when to stop eating?

I don't get that full feeling anymore and if food tasted good I over do it.

Then my body has to deal with all that food and I often fall into deep sleep as my body deals with overeating

I guessing others have similar experiences.

D

cheapskate
on 12/8/21 6:16 pm, edited 12/8/21 10:06 pm
RNY on 03/30/15

I measure everything. My nose runs when when I?m over eat. I also, when in doubt, intentionally under eat because I know I can eat later. One day i might eat more than others

cheapskate
on 12/9/21 6:09 am
RNY on 03/30/15

Had to edit for typos....sorry. My eyesight is horrible post covid And I'm waiting on new glasses!

Partlypollyanna
on 12/8/21 6:25 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Measure, portion, pace yourself. You have been mentioning this food coma type situation for quite a while - have you engaged with any medical/dietician/mental health professionals? Maybe there is something else going on.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Utodc
on 12/8/21 8:16 pm
RNY on 03/23/17

I am seeing my HEMATOLOGIST tomorrow for blood work.

I have asked him for an endocrinologist recommendation.

I think Massively overeat and the body has to marshall tremendous resources to deal with the food.

Hence the repeated food coma.

I need a sanity check on food volumes and carb vs proteins and what my system can still handle without totally ruining my quality of life.

I can eat ALOT without ever feeling full and I really enjoy the food.

At all easy point my body is not absorbing all the extra as I remain quite thin at 125 @ 5'10" tall.

Partlypollyanna
on 12/9/21 3:44 am
RNY on 02/14/18

If I remember correctly, your surgery was due to ulcer issues and so you don't have the same type of restriction most RNY post ops do as your pouch is larger. If that's correct, we can give you the general concepts and behaviors we use but you will probably have a slightly different path.

I would not expect your hematologist to be able to help you determine what the right portion and mix of foods is for you -- but very glad you are seeing one in case there is an underlying issue! Hopefully your endocrinologist will have the right tools to loop you in with a Registered Dietician used to dealing with your situation. Not a medical professional here but I think that's a great path to success for you. Good luck! What you're dealing with seems untenable.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

(deactivated member)
on 12/9/21 2:40 am
RNY on 09/01/12

Well at that weight unless you're naturally built gazelle- like like a supermodel ... I would say you're simply hungry. What was your original goal weight?

You also may be malnourished depending on your food choices and vitamin intake.

Or you may be having dramatic blood sugar rises and lows ( this happens rarely, but usually to RNY patients)

If you could post a few days' menus it would help .

I find exercising first thing in the morning to be very helpful in maintaining my mood , my overall health and that it lessens my food obsession .

Thank God I mostly cook not eat ... but still constantly dealing with food is a time waster and very expensive.

Utodc
on 12/9/21 3:53 am
RNY on 03/23/17

Thanks for your note.

Certainly not hungry from lack of eating. As I said I habitually overeat but it doesn't stick.

I eat 6 eggs 2 toast 2 cheese plus milk for breakfast around 6am.

They're will inevitably be something else in fridge that I snack on so getting 1000 calories is not unheard of.

I'll be looking for snack around 9am.

Lol

(deactivated member)
on 12/11/21 7:22 am, edited 12/10/21 11:22 pm
RNY on 09/01/12

Wow ! So you?re really eating probably well over three possibly even four thousand calories on an average day .

You?re clearly malabsorbing fats still .. how far out post op are you ? Im still malabsorbing fats almost ten years post op too .

I also asked for a larger pouch with my proximal RNY because I prefer to eat a lot of vegetables and salads which are higher volume items .

I too had the surgery partially to heal persistent stomach pain which was making me eat constantly - in my case the issue was a severe hiatal hernia birth defect that runs in my family .

It eventually causes ulcers too - I had to undergo a weeks long treatment for h- pylori ( ulcer causing ) bacteria before I could get my WLS. Have you had that ? Did it work ? Do you still get acid reflux post op or ulcers God forbid ? Hugs

Utodc
on 12/12/21 10:23 am
RNY on 03/23/17

Hey thanks for the note.

I did have h pylori and duodenal ulcer and had to have emergengy surgery.

I have had persistent UTI problems and antibiotics have ruined my gut so that's part of my equation.

I am working thru vitamin mineral deficiency as well.

Feel like I'm gaining on it but it's been challenging.

Thank you sharing. ;)

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 366 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 473 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 464 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 350 views