Why am I having a hard time getting rid of my old clothes

MetalHeadCHICK
on 8/7/22 10:10 am

I don't know why I'm having a hard time get rid of my old clothes I used to weigh over 700 lbs, and lost almost 400lbs. I know I well never need them again but It fell like throwing my old self away. Did any one had trouble with get rid of old clothes

White Dove
on 8/7/22 4:09 pm - Warren, OH

Mine were in really good shape. I packed them up and took to a consignment shop and then used the proceeds to buy new things that fit.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 8/8/22 3:30 am
RNY on 02/14/18

You've mentioned this issue before; have you talked to your counselor or medical team? Maybe there's something that's causing you anxiety in this space. With the exception of one or two shirts that I really liked and I missed when I shrunk out of them, I didn't have this issue and I haven't seen a lot of people with this concern. Regardless, if it's something that bothers you and it's continued inspite of your wanting it to change, it sounds like you need outside assistance.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

hollykim
on 8/8/22 7:55 am, edited 8/8/22 12:55 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On August 7, 2022 at 5:10 PM Pacific Time, MetalHeadCHICK wrote:

I don't know why I'm having a hard time get rid of my old clothes I used to weigh over 700 lbs, and lost almost 400lbs. I know I well never need them again but It fell like throwing my old self away. Did any one had trouble with get rid of old clothes

I think keeping old, too big clothes gives me permission to need them again.

if I know I have larger clothing to go back to, I wouldn?t think so much about gaining.

catwoman7
on 8/8/22 9:12 am, edited 8/8/22 2:13 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I have trouble getting rid of things as well (well, not my old self - I was very glad to get rid of my old 373 lb self!), but for some reason, it's hard for me to get rid of things, too. But with my old clothes, I kept a couple of things to remind myself of where I came from, and the rest I boxed up to give to another morbidly obese person, a former co-worker. For all i know, she may have immediately dumped them all off at Goodwill, but in my mind, she's still wearing and enjoying them (and who knows - maybe that's true!). But I'm fine with that thought...they're "safe" with someone I know.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
Recent Topics