Might have to move

Brookline Petrea
on 10/17/23 2:15 pm

I might have to move because I can't find a surgeon who's will perform surgery on me because I weigh over 500 pounds, do anyone know a Doctor who can perform weight loss surgery at my size?

Partlypollyanna
on 10/17/23 5:16 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Can you call your insurance company and find if they work with a center of excellence and they might be able to find a doctor that can help you?

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Kathleen W.
on 10/18/23 11:51 am - Lancaster, PA

I don't know if it's a center of Excellance but Dr Youhan Nowzardan (my 600 lb life) is in Houstan, Texas.

There's also a Dr Proctar from 1000 lb sisters. I'm not sure if he"s in Tennesse or Kentucky.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

califsleevin
on 10/18/23 8:52 pm - CA

Look around for a surgeon who does the duodenal switch; while it is a more technically challenging procedure to perform, consequently fewer surgeons offer it, it works particularly well for high BMI patients, which means that most that do offer it are fairly comfortable working with heavier patients. I don't think that my doc has any particular BMI limits, but he's in SF so that's quite a trip. There are some in the NYC area, and around DC, Dr. Elariny is well regarded. Whether or not you want a DS vs an RNY, you should know about it and understand why it may or may not be appropriate for you before making a decision.

Good luck,

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

Most Active
Recent Topics