What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 4/1/24 3:24 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning gang! Who has thumbs and wants another day off today? This girl. Easter was super fun but I would use a day to decompress, but instead I'm jumping into back to back zooms all day. It's going to be like this for about 2.5 weeks until I finish meetings with the 60+ people in this employee group. Should be fun to get to know a lot of new people though and the stakes for these meetings are really low--just a getting to know you sesh :)

I woke up having a really vivid and strange dream. I had killed someone and hidden the bloody blankets but someone found the blankets and they were using them and I was watching in horror as I realized I was about to be caught. Zero concern in my dream for who I killed or why--just worried I was about to get caught. Hmmm.

QOTD: Do you think of yourself as an adventurous eater? I think I am. I used to be anyway--I've tried a lot of things that are considered weird for whatever reason. But in the last decade I haven't really had an occasion to try anything weird so I am not sure if I can claim the moniker anymore.

Accountability: Huh? What's that? I wish I could claim April Fools's but I was not on plan yesterday. I seriously grabbed a handful of chocolate covered almonds every time I walked past the bowl. I actually didn't have a lot else--a few bite of everything for dinner, and too much wine. It wasn't a lot but I am sure it was a week's worth of calories nonetheless. Back to HungryRoot today!

• protein coffee
  • meat & cheese wrap
  • cucumber & HB eggs
  • mushroom artichoke tortellini

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 4/1/24 3:34 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and welcome to April! Happy Monday too!

I have a busy day ahead, plus the solar company coming by to do an inspection for the county on the panels they reinstalled after my new roof...this has been dragging on for months. My county is known for being....special. I also need to run over to the new rec center and sign up for the annual pass but that might need to wait until next week. I am going to start the new rowing challenge for the month plus I'm on U for the A to Z strength ball series and I'd like to fini**** this week.

qotd - yes, I will usually try at least a bite of anything that doesn't have mayonnaise.

Menu today

coffee plus half and half x 3

leftover ham

turkey and cheese slider

1/4 of the pistachio cookie

cottage cheese or cheese stick

have a marvelous Monday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 4/1/24 3:59 am - Amarillo, TX

Mornin y'all.

Yesterday was ok. Two of the kids were ungrateful little ****s but I blame the parents more than them. Especially Riley's attitude was pure brat. My mom did easter baskets and it just really pissed us off. It'll be the last year of that. We told her so too, that she was ungrateful and it wasn't appropriate the way she acted. You'd think her parents would have said something but they just sat there with their thumbs in the air. It's just really upsetting. Just that they are THOSE kids. Rachel liked her stuff. She said thank you unlike the other two.

We played scrabble and I kicked ass. I had only played it online before but I was always good at it. I am not the best at it but still pretty good.

Today I have an appointment with my new case manager. Other than that not a whole lot of planned. We may run by the bank.

QOTD: not the most adventurous but pretty decent. I won't eat octopus or raw oysters. I'd try almost anything at least once.

b: eggs, cheese, 4 crackers and coffee

S1: half a serving of oatmeak

L: chuck roast, cheese, slider bun and ???

S2: ????

D: BBQ chicken wrap

bracelet and a meme.

Partlypollyanna
on 4/1/24 5:42 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Poor kiddo, I'm sure she'll remember the stern talking to on the holiday a lot longer than she will the Easter basket.

Jen

Melody P.
on 4/1/24 5:50 am - Amarillo, TX

It wasn't too stern. Trust me, my mom isn't that stern she just told her that it hurt her feelings.

my mom and me were just talking and we figured out why she was so moody. My brother had gotten on to her for being mean to her brother. Then she was told to let him find some of the eggs.

she is also on the cusp of starting TOM soon. Hormones are fun.

White Dove
on 4/1/24 5:55 am - Warren, OH

I remember one of my nieces acting like that when she was about 10. 'That was 20 years ago and she is a wonderful young woman now. It was Christmas and she had a bored and snotty remark about all of her gifts.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Amy Liz
on 4/1/24 5:13 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Happy April Fools Day! I hear you on needing an extra day and we didn't even host! I thoroughly enjoyed the day yesterday. It was fun seeing the family and my sisters friends are great people. My son got to share 2 new batches of Mead - honey lemon and blackberry lavender - very cool! It was a beautiful warm SUNNY day!. The scrambled egg bar was like an omelet bar but on the Blackstone grill - it was amazing. I stuffed myself on mostly very worthy protein bites and drank far too much wine. The cake was to die for and a huge hit! It was demolished. I had planned to get up this am and get on the treadmill, but my body is saying otherwise. Tomorrow, when I am properly hydrated and not wine weary. Today begins a new month. I have a team leaders meeting all morning, I need to go to the bank and start reconciling last month, After work, I'm cancelling my gym membership that I don't use and picking up my new retainers.

QOTD - I think so because I'll try anything - even things I don't usually like. Except sushi - I love sushi it's a favorite, but I don't want to try anything new, ever again - regrets, ya' know? I'm afraid it'll ruin my love for this whole experience that I keep on a pedestal and there it shall remain.

Accountability - I enjoyed all the bites, tons of wine and then cake! 184.6 this am

b- coffee, cottage cheese, tomatoes, EBB

l- turkey and cheese on toasted protein bread w/let and pickle

d- buffalo chicken breast w/air fries

s- cucumbers with ranch seasoning, grapes

825/79

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Partlypollyanna
on 4/1/24 5:45 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I think the blackstone grill has replaced the traeger as the new "hot" outdoor kitchen thing. They are popping up everywhere! I think before the traeger it was the big green egg.

Jen

Teenie
on 4/1/24 7:27 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I still want a big green egg but refuse to spend that kind of money. I'll stick to my 18-year-old weber grill.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Amy Liz
on 4/1/24 7:27 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I never thought they were that big of a deal except for maybe camping, before yesterday - it was awesome!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 353 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 351 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 297 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 468 views