What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Queen JB
on 4/5/24 2:59 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning. It's Friday so OH won't let me upload a pic. But let's not focus on that!

I had a bestest day at work, followed by the worstest commute home. I may never be warm again. I won't go into the boring details but let's just say... ugh!

But instead of focusing on the terrible cold ride home, let's focus on the best day at work! I had a great interview for the position I'm going to be supervising, no one stood me up for any meetings, and I felt like I made some really big in-roads with some important people. Whee.

In other amazing news, I found out that since I am the only person who has been renting my cookie decorating space, they are letting me basically move in with no increase to the cost (I just pay by the class, so I always take everything back and forth with me.) He says I can leave up my posters and decorations and store all my boxes and tablecloths and stufffffffff there. It will really help me free up some space in my cookie room and it will mean a lot less schlepping. So many wins for me!

QOTD: How has your body's response to hunger or fullness changed since the surgery? I was reflecting on this yesterday and realized that right after surgery, I had my hunger blocked for a long time, as well as my fullness receptors. After about 5 years, my hunger returned, but my fullness receptors are still working. BUT, I have learned how to "work around" fullness by eating small amounts over long periods, and since I am as hungry as I was pre-op, I am more likely to eat off-plan things.

Accountability: 100% on plan again until that last bite of chocolate. 3 pieces left.

I have to eat down the fridge today before the next Hungryroot comes!

• protein coffee
  • last of the fish tacos
  • cucumber & mandarin oranges
  • mushroom spinach artichoke tortellini
  • cheeseburger quesadilla
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 4/5/24 3:34 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all. Great news QJB!

Busy day ahead. I'm finally going to the dentist this morning. Not at all looking forward to it. I'm also feeling so very rough around the edges. My shoulder is getting better though so that's a win. We may also do a few errands. I'm exhausted.

Rachel's official family bday party is here Sunday. I'll need to clean just a bit, mainly vacuuming and bathroom. Not a lot mainly stuff that I do every weekend anyways. It's supposed to,be SUPER windy here this weekend. We're under a fire weather warning and a high wind watch(that'll likely get upgraded to a warning). Sustained around 39-40mph and gust over 60mph. We may get my brother to help us install an a/c Sunday. We won't need it right away but it'd be a big help if he did.

QOTD: you know...I'm not sure. My hunger and full feeling is just so weird. One day it's great the next it's horrible. A lot of mine is mind games. I'm going to try and find a counselor again to hopefully work on some of my food issues.

B: eggs, cheese, cilantro lime sauce and coffee x 2

L: it'll depend on the dentist visit.

D: if able I'll do chicken

S: cheese and maybe PP pancakes

A milk and food dye photo.

catwoman7
on 4/5/24 6:05 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I love the look and colors in that - it's very calming...like waves or something.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Dcgirl
on 4/5/24 3:40 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Good morning, Queen! Omg so many good things in your post (other than a freezing commute!). I'm so glad work is awesome and that is great news that you can reduce the amount of stuff you schlep! I can't wait til you reach the Taylor Swift class - I bet the vibe will be ridiculously fun!

Im so glad we made it to Friday. Work has been a bit tumultuous this week. My boss came back from PTO and got the flu, so he's been working sporadically, and a bunch of things went off the rails because our CEO fashions himself a marketer and copywriter at times haha. So, this weekend is very needed and appreciated. I have a smattering of meetings today but nothing terrible!

This weekend Isa blend of relaxing and doing. Sunday I have way too many social plans. My own fault!

QOTD: I don't think I ever lost my hunger or the food noise. I was successful initially because I had a super small pouch. I remember those early early days when a half of a chicken sausage would leave me stuffed to the gills! I was also very strict with not eating off plan foods and there was no alcohol for a year. Then, life happened, pouch grew, etc. Wegovy is helping a lot with the food noise - it's not gone but it's quieter. It's still incumbent on me to make good choices. An example is, with Wegovy I might feel perfectly satisfied after one piece of pizza and not two. (Or hell an entire medium before surgery!). But it's up to me to not even entertain the idea of pizza and to instead buy, prep and cook a lean protein instead. I'll be a work in progress my whole life, that's probably what it boils down to. Unless they find a way to cure this disease of obesity. I'm hopeful!

Phew sorry for such a long post!

B: board head ever roast and havarti

L: tomato soup and half a grilled cheese

D: I promised pizza to the kids (ha! See above note) so I'm not gonna lie, I will have a piece.
Have a wonderful weekend yall!

Grim_Traveller
on 4/5/24 4:34 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Sorry, I'm at an early checkup. No time to type.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Teenie
on 4/5/24 12:51 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

HAM SALE!!!!!! Just scored a spiral ham at Aldi for 79¢.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Theduffman27
on 4/5/24 4:46 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Good morning JB and menu folks! Life has been busy! I am still doing well, mounjaro has been in short supply, I had to drop down a dose for last month and was scrambling to find my regular dose with my latest refill and it came into stock at the last moment, so I am happy about that.

Dad is still in the rehab center, is too long a story to share...he is trying ...he turned 80 on March 15 while we were in Florida. In a nutshell, I think we can never underestimate the mental aspect, he seems to be improving his patience and not as discouraged and is having more good days, than bad. He has parkinsons to deal with on top of the rehab and parkinsons is not always on the same page. Hoping he is out by the end of this month and ok to travel by the middle of next month. Alot of moving parts, a lift going in to their home in FL and a ramp at their cottage in NY.

QOTD - Mounjaro has not only helped to get my a1c under control, it has stopped the noise. Zero Grazing, zero interest in food. November 19, 2024 I will hit the 10 year mark since surgery! The 2nd best decision of my life! The first was marrying my lovely wife joddie.

B- berries and yogurt

L - chicken salad ( made with costco rotisserie chicken) and a zero carb wrap

D - unsure

Stay Healthy my friends, Mike

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Mkess
on 4/5/24 6:26 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good to hear that your dad's having more good days and furthered his patience. I hope the lift and ramp make it feel like his home and needed to live the best quality life.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Partlypollyanna
on 4/5/24 5:03 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and yay, finally Friday!

Busy day at work, my trainer had to cancel for tonight so a relaxing after work, busy day tomorrow and hair cut and color on Sunday; should be a good weekend.

QOTD - I rarely get hungry.

menu today

coffee plus half and half X3

yogurt or English muffin

last of the left over ham

tbd on dinner; maybe some deep dish (April 5 is National Deep Dish day, as the emails from Giordano's keep telling me)

Pictures today are "I live in a beautiful place, part 7526"

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Mkess
on 4/5/24 6:28 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Gorgeous pictures. Today is national deep dish Day? I guess I know what I'm now doing for dinner. Lou Malnatis here I come.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 350 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 347 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 293 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 462 views