What's on your Monday Menu?

Greateight
on 4/22/24 5:45 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

QJB, glad to hear that you are feeling better. Sheila, welcome back, looks like a great trip.

I updated the age on my ticker. Yikes. I had a nice birthday weekend. I spoke with all three children (if we include Wednesday's call with my youngest) Marilyn and I went to dinner on Saturday night. RNY things - I had the smallest piece of bread and 3 oysters and was thinking "OK, I'm full." I did manage to eat some of my steak. With the leftovers Marilyn made steak sandwiches and I have half of one of those left for tonight.

When we were at the Del Coronado in February they had a bunch of framed pictures of the 1959 filming of Some Like it Hot with Marilyn Monroe, Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon. We had never seen the movie and have had it on our to watch list ever since. We got around to watching it Friday night. We liked it and it was fun to see the hotel where we hung out with Lisa and Roger shown in all of the background scenes. I guess that Marilyn Monroe struggled to get through the filming, but it doesn't show on screen.

The wing of the hotel where we stayed was added well after the filming, but the main building, really hasn't changed at all since the movie was filmed. I think the interior scenes were filmed on studio property because the hotel lobby is much larger than what is shown onscreen.

Breakfast: Bagel

Lunch: catered

Dinner: steak sandwich

Have great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 4/22/24 6:02 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Glad you had a nice weekend and tapering off the caffeine is a good idea. I will try and post real quick and try and come back later since the page keeps reloading. We had a decent weekend but I didn't get to see Em much (she came by to pick up a few things) since her BF has a nasty cold or strep throat she didn't want to stay and hang out. I have a few meetings today and then working on updating some processes.

QOTD: Depends on if it's something quick that can be relayed in 1-2 texts. If it's a story or goes back and forth too long I prefer to just talk.

TSS: 9 years 8 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Protein puffs, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: Italian sausage, carrots with dip, a banana, and dark chocolate

ES: yogurt and toast

E: Treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: I haven't put it in MFP yet.

Have a great day!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Mkess
on 4/22/24 6:12 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Monday,

QJB- I'm elated that your gerd is under control. I've had acid reflux for decades and have had multiple hiatal hernias as a result. I was also told that my esophagus may need surgery in the future.

Have you ever been looking forward to seeing something that you've liked for years and it doesn't live up to the expectations? That was my experience Friday night at the Black Crowes concert. There was good energy and a raucous audience but, musically, it lacked. The sound wasn't good, the band wasn't crisp. They had a giant mirror behind the lead singer so it wasn't easy to see him with the stage lights reflecting into the audience. There was a jock in front of me dirty dancing with his lady friend. My friend went to sleep during the show. The highlight was being physically able to go to the Aragon Brawlroom, which has huge flights of stairs. It was still a great experience and I'd see them again in a different venue. Tidbit: The Black Crowes performed as ACDC for a Halloween mid '00s with Chris Robinson in Angus' schoolboy outfit.

QOTD- I prefer texting with acquaintances and some friends. Currently, I receive two phone calls at 8:30-9:00pm everyday. My two sponsees call to check in and talk about challenges from the day or anything else percolating in their mind. Others, I prefer a good, long phone call. I'm trying to get into video calls but it's not natural for me. There also seems to be an age divide so I try to meet people where they're at.

B: 1/2 bagel & lox.

L: ?? Chinese food or a stop at a butcher.

D: Whatever looks good at the grocery store. Maybe chicken and mushrooms?

S: crispy, roasted Green Beans.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Greateight
on 4/22/24 7:25 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Matt, I had that concert on my potential list as well, sorry it was disappointing.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 4/22/24 6:29 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

we had kind of a busy weekend. We headed down to the Chicago area on Saturday (just for the day) to meet seven new (3rd and 4th) cousins whom my cousin Eric discovered through his research. They were very nice (and I have a new Facebook friend out of it), but Eric is still uncovering more people, so this is starting to get a bit out of hand. I swear I'm starting to think I'm related to half of Chicago - and this is only one ancestral line! Although it's fun - and it was great to get out of town for the day. Yesterday I officially started my "Swedish death cleaning", because this house is full of our stuff, some of my parents' stuff, and now, a lot of my mother-in-law's stuff. I'm feeling like I'm living in that Ionesco play where the main character moves into a new place and stuff keeps arriving until he's totally surrounded by his crap. Anyway, not only am I uncomfortable with all this stuff, but I don't want some poor soul having to deal with all this when I kick the bucket. So I've vowed to spend at least one hour a day dealing with this. It'll take awhile to get through it at that rate, but we WILL get through it (and we're not in a huge hurry - if it takes 'til the end of the summer, then so be it..). We took two large plastic bins full of stuff to St. Vincent de Paul yesterday - it felt great to get rid of it. We also did a little cleaning and hung up a couple of pictures (that were my MIL's) in one of the guest rooms. And took a long walk. it was a good weekend!

not much going on this week, so I'll spend a lot of time getting caught up on reading and watching the film for my Wednesday film group. Plus dealing with more of our "crap".

QOTD: I hate talking on the phone more than anything, so texting for sure. Although if it's more than a very short conversation, I'll email. I don't really like doing much typing on my phone since it's so small. When I had my Windows laptop, I did my phone texting on the laptop (which was way easier since the laptop was big in comparison), but now that I have a Mac laptop and an Android phone, the connecting app is flaky at best, so I gave up.

coffee with half & half

Greek yogurt

Danish bread with butter and jam

chocolate "mousse" with raspberries

more Greek yogurt or a protein shake

not sure about dinner yet

ex: Aqua Zumba

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 4/22/24 8:22 am
RNY on 02/14/18

This summer apple is supposed to finally release an update that will make it easier to iMessage between operating systems. There will still be green people but should be much more smooth for everyone.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Mkess
on 4/22/24 7:36 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Monday,

QJB- I'm elated that your gerd is under control. I've had acid reflux for decades and have had multiple hiatal hernias as a result. I was also told that my esophagus may need surgery in the future.

Have you ever been looking forward to seeing something that you've liked for years and it doesn't live up to the expectations? That was my experience Friday night at the Black Crowes concert. There was good energy and a raucous audience but, musically, it lacked. The sound wasn't good, the band wasn't crisp. They had a giant mirror behind the lead singer so it wasn't easy to see him with the stage lights reflecting into the audience. There was a jock in front of me dirty dancing with his lady friend. My friend went to sleep during the show. The highlight was being physically able to go to the Aragon Brawlroom, which has huge flights of stairs. It was still a great experience and I'd see them again in a different venue. Tidbit: The Black Crowes performed as ACDC for a Halloween mid '00s with Chris Robinson in Angus' schoolboy outfit.

QOTD- I prefer texting with acquaintances and some friends. Currently, I receive two phone calls at 8:30-9:00pm everyday. My two sponsees call to check in and talk about challenges from the day or anything else percolating in their mind. Others, I prefer a good, long phone call. I'm trying to get into video calls but it's not natural for me. There also seems to be an age divide so I try to meet people where they're at.

B: 1/2 bagel & lox.

L: ?? Chinese food or a stop at a butcher.

D: Whatever looks good at the grocery store. Maybe chicken and mushrooms?

S: crispy, roasted Green Beans.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Partlypollyanna
on 4/22/24 8:22 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Congrats on the stairs! That is H U G E

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Teenie
on 4/22/24 8:06 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Meneurs,

Glad you got the Gerd under control. Hope you continue to feel better. I will have a 24-hour reprieve next weekend were heading to a wedding where we decided to stay the night. We got a pet friendly hotel so Rudy can go, and Ron can run back and forth and check on him and I can drink and dance with the kids. I need a break this stuff with my mother is not easy. Now I cannot get her to eat. She is consuming less than 300 calories a day and still drinking her scotch. Dear lord help me. She has a follow up ortho appointment today and I don't see it going well. Just keep your fingers crossed because there is nothing, I can do to change her mind at this point.

Wow I started drinking an apple cider vinegar concoction I found at the rural king. I figure them farmers know everything. This is day 3 and I am thinking I should have stayed home. I did not sleep for crap and my guts are just swirling around. I see many trips to the restroom. Who knows maybe it is cleaning me out.

In other bad news my work husband put in his 2 weeks' notice today. It has been a long time coming. I will miss him but hoping he succeeds in his new endeavor. I will very much miss him. He has been here for 29 years. I hope I do not get to a point where I need to leave especially at this age. Who would hire me?

QOTD: Depends, I like having both options. Also, that they are portable options. Remember when a phone was not attached?

Accountability: 2 gyms and I was very diligent about not allowing my snaking to get out of control.

TSS: 6 years 4-months 11-days 162.4 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF Coffee mate Chocolate Caramel creamer

MS: Premier Protien Salted caramel popcorn, cantaloupe and berries

CB: Coffee with SF Coffee-mate chocolate caramel creamer

L: zucchini chicken lasagna and snack select

D: grilled steak with mushrooms and onions and broccoli

Exercise: dog walking

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use MiraLAX and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great week my friends.

Brightest Blessings,

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Grim_Traveller
on 4/22/24 10:19 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I'm sorry your mom isn't cooperating better. It's hard enough when they do everything they should.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 289 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 293 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 333 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 286 views