White Dove’s Posts

White Dove
on 5/28/24 7:18 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Tuesday Menu?

I keep glucose tablets next to the bed. I need about seven tablets to stop the sweating and shakiness.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

White Dove
on 5/28/24 6:49 am

I have had many computers since I bought my first desktop in 1993. I give away or throw away the old ones and only keep a laptop and my Kindle Fire. I always have the latest HP laptop because I retired from HP and the retiree discounts are so good. The Kindle holds all my books and I use it to play Best Fiends and to watch Netfiix or Discovery if I can't sleep at night. I also use it to play my games like Wordle. I keep thinking I should buy an iPad but things for the house feel more important to me.

White Dove
on 5/28/24 6:41 am

You are doing so great Amy Liz. I still have RH episodes and they seem to happen out of the blue with no difference in what I ate or drank. They feel scary, but if you relax and maybe sip some water, they are usually over in about 10 or 15 minutes. But awful when they are happening.

White Dove
on 5/25/24 7:16 am
Topic: RE: What?s on tap for this Saturday?

I spent so much of my life on tight schedules that I am lost without a schedule. For a while after I retired I got to the point where I did not know what day it was. Now I try to at least be sure I have a plan of action for each day and try to stick to the times I set up to do things.

White Dove
on 5/24/24 3:21 pm
Topic: RE: What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

COVID was the cause of that. My real hair color is brown and I have been coloring it blonde for more than 40 years. I was surprised when it grew out how much brown is still there.

White Dove
on 5/24/24 7:24 am

Up until about a year ago I made it a point to always be fully dressed with my hair styled and makeup applied. But I went through some health issues that left me too tired to care about makeup and somedays were spend in my pajamas. I do schedule my hair appointments for cut and color every six weeks. I make the appointment when I am at the shop, otherwise I wait too long.

White Dove
on 5/22/24 10:57 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Wednesday Menu?

During World War II they used this area of the country for factories to build weapons and bombs. It was chosen because we have the heaviest cloud cover in the US and enemy planes would not be able to see the factories through the clouds. Any day when there are no clouds is wonderful to me whether it is 20 or 90 degrees. I guess 75 is about perfect.

White Dove
on 5/21/24 2:17 pm

My memory is not always that good anymore. I remember sitting up watching him, but is was probably 2012 or so.

White Dove
on 5/21/24 11:09 am, edited 5/21/24 7:18 am

I used to stay up every night and watch Stephan Colbert and Craig Ferguson. I don't think I missed a night when Trump was in office. It is so weird how memories run together now. I never used to be like that.

White Dove
on 5/21/24 7:04 am

When I get a fabulous dinner like that I find myself wishing I could have my old capacity back for just one meal. The go cart does sound like a lot of fun. Safe travels home.

One thing I learned years ago when I worked midnight shifts is that it is OK sometimes to take a sleeping pill and get a good night's sleep. I know some people overdo them, but once I got some sleep I would seem to regulate and sleep without them.

White Dove
on 5/19/24 8:59 am
Topic: RE: Good Sunday morning! What?s the plan for today?

I would think the original dentist should fix his mistakes and not charge for it. That is terrible that you have to go somewhere else.

Opal is so pretty with those blue eyes and she looks like a sweetheart.

White Dove
on 5/18/24 7:11 am
Topic: RE: What?s on your Saturday menu?

Is that baked oatmeal that comes out like a coffee cake? I would love your recipe.

White Dove
on 5/18/24 5:06 am
Topic: RE: What?s on your Saturday menu?

Sorry about your mouth issues, Mel. I was hoping you were on the mend and feeling better.

I was 22 and we had spent Sunday afternoon at a lake, swimming, playing volleyball, and working on our tans. It was a beautiful July day. We were driving home when a storm came up. We drove through it and there were lots of fallen branches on the road. They were falling around us. When we got home and listened to the news, we realized that we had driven right through a tornado.

White Dove
on 5/17/24 9:20 am

That meat with the grocery store labels should go through with no problems. I have been wanting to make some braciole. Enjoy your trip.

White Dove
on 5/17/24 5:29 am

Back in the days before GPS I was visiting in North Carolina and was driving three other people from Ohio to the airport. I went the wrong way on the interstate and did not realize it for an hour. I was heading south but my mind thought it should be north. By the time we got to the airport the plane was gone and the next flight was several days away. It was a twice weekly from Youngstown on Saturday and Wednesday.

Changing to other flights would have been very expensive, so I rented a car and drove home. It ended up taking about 12 hours because we stopped and ate a few times. Driving used to be a real adventure for me because I have no sense of direction and also confuse right and left. I would tell myself I would get home eventually. GPS was a real game changer for people like me.

White Dove
on 5/16/24 5:34 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Thursday Menu?

Matt, I am so sorry that your friend is facing something like that. It sounds like your talk helped both of you.

White Dove
on 5/16/24 4:29 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Thursday Menu?

It took me months to finish A Gentleman in Moscow. Some incredible writing and amazing story but I found some of it boring.

I read Holly last month and someone told me I need to read the Bill Hodges trilogy so I read those and waiting for his next book to be released next week.

I am watching Jarod from Subway and that is a disturbing story.

Our pool is open and I plan to be there Monday and Tuesday when it is supposed to be around 80 with sunshine.

White Dove
on 5/15/24 8:56 am

Like Lisa, I love Lemonheads and not much else that is artificial flavor. I also hate banana flavor and never liked Twinkies.

White Dove
on 5/15/24 8:53 am

Some of the food might have freezer burn but I think it is safe to eat if it did not thaw completely and sit out getting warm.

White Dove
on 5/15/24 8:50 am

IFit added closed captioning a few years ago and I appreciated that too.

White Dove
on 5/14/24 7:42 am

A vinyl accordion door might work for you. It only has track on the top.

White Dove
on 5/14/24 7:40 am

That is an incredible experience. We live in a world now where we don't feel validated unless we get a picture. I grew up when cameras had film and it had to get developed. I never remember to take pictures even though I always have my phone with me.

People are always asking if I took a picture and I never think to do that.

I hope Mr. Bobcat comes back and someone does get a picture.

White Dove
on 5/14/24 4:47 am

I want to replace all my white appliances with stainless steel. My refrigerator is across from the sink and there is no water hookup. There is no basement and an apartment on top of me so they cannot go through the ceiling. One plumber wanted to cut out parts of the wallboard and run the tubing through the wall, over the door, and then drill through the countertop to put in a line. I am still debating and looking for any other suggestions.

Your school sounds like a dream job and I am so happy that all worked out for you.

White Dove
on 5/13/24 9:24 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Monday Menu?

I am the oldest in a family of 13 children. I have a good memory of what actually happened and just shake my head when I hear versions of events that have been doctored to make some people look better. My mom liked to tell stories and they changed slightly each time. The younger ones heard her version so have established that as what happened.

I would have never let a 13 year old chop wood, but maybe if they were closer to 17. It would still scare me, but I also have never chopped wood and probably never picked up an ax. I have used a chainsaw a few times, but worried that it would slip and ended up buying an alligator chain saw when is safer.

I am sometimes amazed at how much I did forget from childhood and when others bring it up it comes back to me, but not that clear.

White Dove
on 5/13/24 9:17 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Monday Menu?

Hope things go well at the dentist, Mel.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 360 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 330 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 194 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 115 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?