jenlmaz’s Posts

jenlmaz
on 8/28/23 11:35 pm
Topic: RE: Gastric bypass reversal

My MCV has been a little high for about a yr and primary dr just blows it off because it's only a little high and has also blown off the high b12. Definitely going to bring this up. Thank you for mentioning it.

jenlmaz
on 8/28/23 11:29 am

Thank you for the link. I agree that it's a drastic option but imo so is getting gastric bypass. I was 285 when I got it. My weight was harming me. The surgery has been successful.I got to goal and I have never gotten back up over 200 pounds in 20 yrs. But now it's not weight that's harming me it's the gastric bypass surgery. Besides this hypoglycemia I also have a lot of nutritional deficiencies. I have read a ring may be placed around stoma and that can help with the hypoglycemia. I have appt with gastroenterologist then endocrinologist... as well as bariatric surgeon in a couple weeks. So I'm going to ask about that too

jenlmaz
on 8/28/23 11:18 am

I had issues with low b12 years ago and now for some reason I have high b12 and I'm not even supplementing it. What were your symptoms of SIBO and how diagnosed? I have appt in a week with gastroenterologist, then a few days later endocrinologist and then bariatric surgeon. I'm going to discuss this with all 3 to get opinion on reversal... I also read that putting a ring on stoma can also help so I'm going to ask about that too. So I will let you know what they say. It really is disheartening. It's easy to say don't eat carbs or sugar but harder to do. I look at it this way.. when I was 285 before surgery... I was told just don't eat high fat, carbs, sugary, high calorie foods. Easier said than done so I had gastric bypass... it was successful for me.. I got to goal and In 20 yrs I have gone up and down through pregnancy and a lot of surgeries but I have never gone over 200 pounds. Before surgery my weight was hurting me.. now this gastric bypass is hurting me.

jenlmaz
on 8/12/23 1:03 pm

Thank you for that info.. this very well could be what the issue is. I have been seeing a gastroenterologist lately for upper right abdominal pain and high GGT which indicates a bile duct issue. Can't be gallbladder as I don't have one...liver issues have been ruled out.,I'm actually having a specialized mri on pancreas and bile ducts on Monday. So definitely going to mention this to him. When I saw the endo for this she didn't mention this as a possibility at all so will go back and ask her about it too.

jenlmaz
on 8/12/23 11:59 am

It was not known about when I had my surgery which is what I'm pissed about. I researched wls for 2 years before I decided to get it... weighed all the pros and cons. I was willing to get nutritional deficiencies and strictures ..which I did but not this. I have been restricting carbs and sugar but I'm still having issues as well as the meds my endocrinologist put me on is not helping either.

jenlmaz
on 8/9/23 10:18 pm

I had gastric bypass 20 yrs ago. I started at 285. Got to goal maintained until pregnancy 5 yrs later but so still have not gone up over 200. Currently 190. I'm fine with my weight problem is all of a sudden carbs and sugar cause my glucose to go high and then it plummets to a low. Which is dangerous. Endocrinologist said it's bariatric hypoglycemia and generally occurs around yr 2. So stumped why it's happening 20 yrs later. Anyhoo I have an appt next month with bariatric surgeon to discuss options.. possibly a reversal. At this point I don't care if I gain back some weight.. low blood sugar can kill you. And I'm pissed that 20 yrs ago they did not know that this could possibly happen. They should have.

Most Active
Recent Topics