Loss

F. Last
on 5/5/08 7:54 am
I had it all at one time. What most would call the pinnacle of success in a marital relationship. She got the surgery against my wishes...I pleaded with her not to get it. I have lost the love of my life. Please don't get WLS.
Bobbie M.
on 5/7/08 2:37 pm - NJ
may i ask what your reasons were for not wanting her to have the surgery?
Chujo
on 6/4/08 10:51 pm - Clatskanie, OR
Sorrry that Loss is the way you feel After 32 years of diets, weight loss programs prayer. meditation, medication and ? We researched WLS. A 3 year investigation. With the help of Friends and professionals we decided on WLS. Surgery is July 1 . We work very hard to talk out our fears, hopes and dreams. This is a whole family change. It is not for everyone. I was against it at first. But the downward spiral of my wifes health says this may be her last chance to turn things around. We are entering this as a great adventure . A big change in every area of our lives. I have to look deeply at am I committed to be a loving partner, am I willing to give more than I receive. I am sorry for people who feel this is a loss. I feel I will regain my partner , She will be able to go for walks with me in the spring rain and smell the roses as we walk into the twilight years of our journey together.
sandracparker
on 12/1/08 11:31 am
I am hurting right along with you!!!!  My husband had weight loss surgery at the end of March, and ask for a divorce in May.  I have lost my soul mate, and the father of our eleven year old.  I don't even know who he is anymore.  He got on this sight and started talking, texting, and emailing all times of the day and night, and hid these people from me.  I feel cheated and emotionally drained.  I have humiliated myself, begged, and everything else I would have told someone they were crazy for doing trying to hold on to my marriage, however it is just not going to happen.  He wants me but not to stay married to me, and says he can never see us getting back together, but I am ok to have fun with......well I deserve more and so do you.  I am so deeply sorry.  The statistics for divorce and seperation after this surgery are staggering.
Most Active
Recent Topics
TESTING
DonaldDuck · 0 replies · 5285 views
Support for Non-Surgical Members
Cathy W. · 0 replies · 5964 views
Not a lot of support happening here.
JLS_NJ · 2 replies · 7161 views
No One posts here...
luvmyhubby55 · 1 replies · 6908 views
help needed
konieckursu · 0 replies · 6942 views