Looking for others to share their stories & input!!!

Kitty Kat
on 9/24/08 11:46 pm - Richmond, VA
Good am/pm all,

I'm a regular on the VA Board and wanted to pop over here and post this message to everyone. To give some history I am a recovering alcoholic and I'm 13 months sober TODAY! I've struggled with Addiction Transfer after WLS. I'm extremely interested in helping others who are dealing with this as well. Please see below for my post. Also, please pop over and read my blogspot (listed in signature line) dedicated to this incredibly serious topic. :)

Please provide some important feedback, suggestions, concerns, etc. regarding Addiction Transfer. Please do so here in a reply or email at [email protected].

What suggestions do we have that we would like to see our surgeons, nurse practitioners, support groups, nuts etc implement in the weight loss surgery journey regarding Addiction Transfer?

What can we do to help them better prepare us as patients and them as doctor's throughout our journey to come TOGETHER and provide the best knowledge, support and care we can?

It's important that we come together as a community and really and truly give this a voice and do our best to provide one another with anything and everything we can to be as successful as possible during our journeys.

I appreciate everyone taking the time and effort to respond. This is an incredibly important topic of discussion and we will all benefit from the knowledge we will receive. So, let's be heard! I look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks!!
Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

Most Active
Recent Topics
TESTING
DonaldDuck · 0 replies · 5291 views
Support for Non-Surgical Members
Cathy W. · 0 replies · 5969 views
Not a lot of support happening here.
JLS_NJ · 2 replies · 7166 views
No One posts here...
luvmyhubby55 · 1 replies · 6913 views
help needed
konieckursu · 0 replies · 6948 views