What is the Secret?

graciesmommie
on 10/9/09 7:14 am
My husband and I have been married 15 yrs. I adore him! Is there a secret to getting through this with your marriage still intact. Part of me worries that if I go through with this surgery that I am putting my family in jeopardy. I need to hear some happily ever afters! ARE THERE ANY OUT THERE??
Nothing tastes as good as this feels!                                                                     
poet_kelly
on 10/9/09 1:35 pm - OH
If you have a good, strong marriage, why wouldn't you get through this surgery with your marriage intact?  I don't understand.  If you have a lot of problems in your marriage, it might not survive the stress of surgery.  But if things are good, I don't understand why you would expect a problem.

Kelly
graciesmommie
on 10/10/09 7:37 am
It is not that I expect a problem. We have a great marriage. I just have seen a number of people that seemed to be really happy and bam! I have seen a number of people even on this website that have said that their husbands didn't know how to take the new person they had become. I guess I just wanted to know if there are marriages that are still really great dispite the stress of the surgery.
poet_kelly
on 10/10/09 8:46 am - OH
Well, I'm not married, but we've been living together for more than five years.  I had surgery 11 months ago.  It hasn't changed things much one way or the other for us.  We're still happy, still get along well, still in love. 

Kelly
graciesmommie
on 10/10/09 11:43 am
That's good to know. It makes me feel better thanks! Hope you continue on the happily ever after..... 
Danielle 
Big Mama
on 11/15/09 10:46 am - NE
I went threw the same as you before wls I have been with my husband for 22 years and I know we have a strong relationship. I thought the same what if so we talked about it and we still do it's a good thing to keep the communication always open. I have been going threw alot of physical and emotional changes I look good and I know it my self esteem has gone up alot and my confidence is also good I have the energy of a twenty year old. We go to places and I turn heads like you can't imagine. I'm so active thank god my husband can keep up with me. So I think If your Strong going in you will be fine at the end.

SW  315                    HW  335                  GW  180  

WL 155             DGW 175          CW  180           MICHELLE

Kimberly09
on 11/20/09 11:07 pm
I am not sure I have the secret to success, but I can relate!  We will be celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary on December 10th.  I am 5 months post op and learning how to eat and balance a new lifestyle has been a time!  We have a very solid marriage and the key for us over the last couple of months has been remaining positive, supportive and open.  He can tell when I eat something that doesn't set too well or when I never want to try something again.  He has helped find recipes, new protein powders and is quite the label reader.  He has been encouraging and has loved seeing the transformation.  He never said anything about my weight before but is loving the energy I have now as well as my desires to go, go, go (Well, maybe not the go shopping part).  I think many of us had fears about having the surgery and its negative effects on our family, but I can see that the worries I had are unfounded.  I can keep up with my children and don't have to sit on the bench while they have fun anymore!  There are happily ever afters out there...go get yours.
I am!  Best wishes to you!

305/280/210

graciesmommie
on 11/21/09 11:57 am
You inspire me. Thanks for your post! One more day till I embark on my journey! Keep your fingers crossed and make room on the losing bench.  Danielle
Most Active
Recent Topics
TESTING
DonaldDuck · 0 replies · 5285 views
Support for Non-Surgical Members
Cathy W. · 0 replies · 5964 views
Not a lot of support happening here.
JLS_NJ · 2 replies · 7161 views
No One posts here...
luvmyhubby55 · 1 replies · 6908 views
help needed
konieckursu · 0 replies · 6942 views