WLS COUPLES???

Trin2rilax Cheryl
McCoy

on 2/24/05 10:26 pm - Columbus, OH
There seems to be such a trend with this surgery for the partner or spouse of a WLS patient to become jealous as they begin to lose weight. In my situation, both myself and my partner has had surgery. Are there other couples out there in similar situations? Cheryl
mightyisis6874
on 2/26/05 12:42 am - Baltimore, MD
YEP! My DH and I are doing it together... well, we're preparing together. Since we have the same surgeon, he refuses to schedule us closer together than four weeks. But we've done all of our appointments, etc., together. We had the sleep study on Thursday night. It was kinda cute; we were in seperate rooms and kept visiting each other until lights out. We've been food buddies for so long, I think if we didn't do this together, we'd have had serious trouble! Tiffany
Trin2rilax Cheryl
McCoy

on 2/27/05 9:45 pm - Columbus, OH
What a cool way to do it. I did not meet my boyfriend until after we were both post/op, but I think it makes our relationship stronger that we have that in commom. You will still be food buddies!! Now you will just share a meal. Cheryl
Caryl Mauk
on 2/26/05 3:25 pm - Manor, TX
RNY on 06/26/06 with
My fiance had the Lap-Band last November. I am getting ready to make an appointment with a surgeon, but it'll probably be awhile until I get to set a surgery date as I will have to fight my insurance. I'm probably going to do RNY. I'm so proud of him and can't wait until I can get my surgery. Caryl
Trin2rilax Cheryl
McCoy

on 2/27/05 9:56 pm - Columbus, OH
So as you watched him lose weight and doing so well, did you become jealous of other people then taking notice to him? Cheryl
Caryl Mauk
on 2/28/05 3:03 am - Manor, TX
RNY on 06/26/06 with
I don't think I've been jealous about how others see him. I do have moments of wishing I was losing weight like he is when I see how good he feels. We went clothes shopping yesterday and he has graduated to 2X from 3X. Even then, I sometimes had to encourage him to get the smaller size because he can't quite believe it. I remember that feeling from last time I lost a lot of weight (80 lbs a few years ago) and it makes me feel sad I gained back my weight (+20 lbs). I think seeing his progress has made me more conscious of my desire for the surgery and more frustrated with the road blocks. Caryl
vhope00
on 2/27/05 8:03 am - Monterey Park, CA
Hi Cheryl, I hope to join the ranks of you and your hubby. After he has his surgery I will then start the journey. How has it been with both of you looking trimmer and most importantly healthier? Any issues of jealousy on either end?
Trin2rilax Cheryl
McCoy

on 2/27/05 9:38 pm - Columbus, OH
We support each other really well in our weightloss, but there is jealousy there. Not overconsuming, but it is there. I think that in relationships there is always some jealousy, but we are just not used to it because we were always "safe" before. Our partners did not get jealous because they knew then that nobody wanted us but them. Now they know that we look good to others so jealousy takes it's normal place in a relationship. I think the jealousy is normal but us dealing with it is not Cheryl
vhope00
on 3/6/05 1:58 am - Monterey Park, CA
Understandable. I guess it really depends on the marriage being strong to begin with...it's something I hadn't really considered...mutual jealousy. I would imagine all past insecurities come out...
Becky P.
on 3/16/05 5:40 am - small town, TX
My hubby and I are both preparing for WLS---- lapbands. I'm excited! Becky
Most Active
Recent Topics
TESTING
DonaldDuck · 0 replies · 5285 views
Support for Non-Surgical Members
Cathy W. · 0 replies · 5964 views
Not a lot of support happening here.
JLS_NJ · 2 replies · 7161 views
No One posts here...