What to do with this sabotage? (a little long)

Babynesh05
on 4/26/11 5:11 am - Germany
 Yikes.. Im glad your not my parent.. my parents and my husband are paying my way through college and I have loans not including I am 23 years old... I am not going to lie I am daddies girl and I get what I want.. but I know how to work hard and earn what I get and I have pretty good job.. not everyone can pay their own way through..

GW 1: 200 COMPLETED! 193-Feb 15th 2011
GW 2: 160 COMPLETED! 160-May 12th 2011
GW 3: 140 COMPLETED! 140-June 17th 2011
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

George B.
on 4/26/11 12:42 am - Miami, FL
Sounds like a tough situation. 

Keeping healthy snacks available will help you when you're tempted by the baked goods. My wife bakes a lot for the kids and their classes, the house always smells of cookies and cakes. When the temptation gets severe I have some fresh mozzarella, a latte, pumpkin seeds or jerky. Recognize that you're not hungry and you don't need the baked goods.

Will power and diversionary tactics are helpful. Since it's your mothers house you can't throw out the tempting foods but you can avoid them. Get out of the kitchen and realize that those baked goods will not really satisfy you. 

When people want me to fail it strengthens my resolve to succeed.

Good luck,
George

MizzBombChelle
on 4/26/11 1:06 am - Silver Spring, MD
Great ideas!  I have thrown out cookies and pies before.  I need to stock up on my own snacks and keep them in my living space (I have the basement with a living room, bathroom and bedroom) and stay my ass out the kitchen!

In some ways, it keeps me motivated to know that she wants me to fail.  I'll keep that in the forefront of my mind.  Uhmmm pumpkin seeds...LOL Yummy!

Chelle     Height: 5'7"     HW:  299.5 SW: 290.8 CW: 244.6 GW: 158.0      

George B.
on 4/26/11 1:15 am - Miami, FL
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds are a great snack.

1 oz. serving has;
2 gram carbs
11 grams protein

MizzBombChelle
on 4/26/11 1:54 am - Silver Spring, MD
I'm on it George!  Thanks again!

carabarnes
on 4/26/11 12:43 am
Let her bake and eat all the cookies she wants! "Just say NO"hehe! Stand firm and worry about you and your kiddos.

Cara 
current weight 123
I'm 28 and 5'5.

MizzBombChelle
on 4/26/11 1:09 am - Silver Spring, MD

Cara -- When did you put up that freakin hot picture on your profile???  Damn girl, you gonna have me stalking you!!!

I wrote this exactly for you guys to tell me to keep going and keep motivated.  I think I just needed to hear it from my OH family.  You know how you just need to "hear" the support from people who care?  Thank you hot momma!!!

Jennchap
on 4/26/11 12:50 am - CA
 My mom is the same way! I stay as far away from her as a ******g can… even my Facebook contact with her makes me want to slap a *****!
HW 275   SW 229   CW 136 

MizzBombChelle
on 4/26/11 1:10 am - Silver Spring, MD
Jenn -- you crack me up you crazy heifer!!!  I so understand.  When I do get the chance to get out, I plan to only see her on very special occassions.  I so want to unfriend her on Facebook!

Jennchap
on 4/26/11 2:16 am - CA
 DUUUDDEEE…. I am in love with the "hide posts" feature on FB. I no longer see my moms posts at all… so all her Jesus and quilting **** is no longer all up in my amazing FB feed…. WOOWOOO DUDE straight up my mom started texting me what she was ******g eating after my VSG… I get a text that read like… UMM just had a double double and animal fries… Are you ******g kidding me… and I respond…. sounds pretty good fatty, eat up! LOL
Frikken Moms… the upside.. I should out live the lunatic and have some mom free years at some point!!! WOOWOOO
HW 275   SW 229   CW 136 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 425 views