Expired Optifast Question

Freewheeler
on 4/20/24 6:40 pm

Greetings,

I have fallen off the track a bit after having the sleeve and wanted to go through a sort of detox again with optifast, however it is now two months expired and I wanted to ask if this is really an issue. Typically with food and even medicine - it lasts longer than what it says on the packaging.

Now granted if this was a year expired or more, then I can see there being an issue - but even then I have seen people online willing to buy expired optifast because it is cheaper than buying from their doctor.

I was just curious to see what the feedback would be here.

Thanks!

FW

hollykim
on 4/21/24 1:49 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On April 21, 2024 at 1:40 AM Pacific Time, Freewheeler wrote:

Greetings,

I have fallen off the track a bit after having the sleeve and wanted to go through a sort of detox again with optifast, however it is now two months expired and I wanted to ask if this is really an issue. Typically with food and even medicine - it lasts longer than what it says on the packaging.

Now granted if this was a year expired or more, then I can see there being an issue - but even then I have seen people online willing to buy expired optifast because it is cheaper than buying from their doctor.

I was just curious to see what the feedback would be here.

Thanks!

FW

I would use it.

catwoman7
on 4/21/24 4:59 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I've used expired protein powders - as you said, unless it a year or more.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163