Hope for Binge/Volume eaters (long)

sublimate
on 3/24/12 1:45 pm - San Jose, CA
Yes... i am very excited about this. i had extensive plastics just under three weeks ago and that started pushing the weight loss again. i was stuck for a long time there. the surgeon took twenty pounds off of me with my lbl! So for thirteen have showed up on the scale but i am still swelling. Hope to get there and thanks for noticing!

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

vacationlover
on 3/25/12 9:07 pm
 What all did you get done?  US or Mexico?  Someday, I'd like to get everything done :)

CW: 130ish HW: 264 SW:254 Hgt: 5'2

Goals-Dr:159-MET Mine:140-MET!!! Final Goal: 135-MET!!!!!

W4:-22 W8:-11 W12:-10.5 W16:-12 W20:-11.5 W24:-9.5 W28:-8 W32:-7.5 W36:-8 W40:-7.5 W44:-5 W48: -4.5 1Yr/W52: -7

sublimate
on 3/24/12 1:33 pm - San Jose, CA
I knew there were others who would be able to relate to this. I am glad to be able to help others and let you guys know the vsg does help. I am so happy with my choice to do this!

3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

jennkitt
on 3/24/12 1:45 pm - MI
Thanks for sharing!  I like many others, can relate.  I threw up yesterday because I overestimated the amount of frozen yogurt and fruit I could eat.  Not only do I have the "must always  be full" and binge tendencies, I also have the "I can't possibly throw away food or leave this, I must eat it all right now" tendency.  Ugh. I have discussed this is therapy before, I tie it to childhood experiences and poverty.  Reading your post made me think about these things again (cause hanging over the toilet just doesn't do it for me?!?!?)
Yet another reason I must constantly be checking in here....

Jenn

HW: 305, Consult: 285, Day of surg:261

sublimate
on 3/24/12 1:50 pm - San Jose, CA
Yep... you would think that foamies would be enough of a deterrent but its not that easy for some of us. I am so glad that over time the discomfort has slowly started helping me overcome years of bad behaviors. It has taken some time but i have noticed it has slowly but steadily improved over time. Its not an overnight thing for sure but i am hopeful it will just keep improving.

Michelle H.
(Rainbomama)

on 3/24/12 2:31 pm - LA
VSG on 02/27/12
Thanks for this post. I needed to read it.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Michelle from Louisiana

VeronicaJ5
on 3/24/12 3:05 pm - Albany, NY
DS on 07/05/16
Thanks for posting this!
diane S.
on 3/24/12 4:11 pm
What a thoughtful post that has no doubt helped many. We all have different eating issues but volume is at the top for many. Understanding the reasons is only a part of the answer. I think all of us understand why we overeat (or used to) but it takes the sleeve and a lot of effort and support to make it work.

You are winning your battle Sublimate and I am so glad for you. Thanks for posting this. Hope to see you one of these days when I do a road trip.   Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

(deactivated member)
on 3/24/12 4:15 pm
Very powerful and timely post! Thank you.

I was a volume eater. I loved eating until I was full - really full. I've been having a couple of days during which my head has wanted more food. My body, didn't, just my head. Your post helped me remember that this a journey with many turns and bumps along the way. I've just been going over a bump for a few days. Thanks so much for the reminder!
(deactivated member)
on 3/25/12 2:19 am - dubai, United Arab Emirates
 im so thankful that you wrote this post, you cant imagine how much your post changed how i feel about vsg. i am a bing/volume eater as well and felt that this would be a failure but you gave me hope and changed alot .

thank you.
soon to be sleeved.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 149 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 422 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 442 views