Do you like to walk/run and have an android phone?

TonjaTLC
on 6/10/12 12:03 am - Southlake, TX
I have it for the iPhone....so cool! Even if I am slow!
Surgery Date:  April 4, 2012 Offical Starting Weight: 304      
justeric78
on 6/10/12 12:33 am - Houston, TX
Being slow initially is why I love this app! I have it set to verbally update my distance, avg. speed, and time every ten minutes. It is like a builtin trainer that pushes me! I make goals for distance and average speed for the next update. It is very motivating if you let it be. Plus the accountability of posting it on FB for the world to see helps me not want to miss a workout. See there is something positive you can get out of that otherwise dismal piece of code!

rhearob
on 6/10/12 12:51 am - TN
 Thanks for the tip - There is an iPhone Version I just bought.

I'm an Apple guy - hope that doesn't give me a black eye in your view :)

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

justeric78
on 6/10/12 1:03 am - Houston, TX
My wife made me buy her an ipad and I did not speak to her for a week...jk..I am forced to work on Apple from time to time and hate every minute of it. It is amusing to have the yuppy tell me how awesome and stable they are then watch me turn around, smile, and make it crash by hitting four buttons. Anyway we share a common theme in our very masculant moobs so I will give you a pass..PS: it costs on Itunes? I would have paid for it but having it free on the Android market and charge for iphones is messed up!

rhearob
on 6/10/12 1:07 am - TN
 Theres a free version and an enhanced version for 2.99.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

justeric78
on 6/10/12 1:15 am - Houston, TX
Thank you for the info. I will have to check the enhanced to see if the benefits are something I would use. I may get it just to donate to them as like I said I would have paid for the free version as is. And yes, I am stalking the OH forum this morning. Have one more post to make about some protein mix I found.
Cindstroy
on 6/10/12 1:28 pm
Be careful with the apps.  I was using Sports Tracker on my Droid, and it was telling me I was going about .5 or more further than I actually was.  I live in a small town in the hills of So. Illinois and the GPS was going all over the place.  I don't know if it was because of the trees overhead or what.  I'm now taking a stop watch and tracking my path on spark people and inputing the time.  It then gives me the calories burned and such.  I feel this is closer to my actual distance.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views