Read the Fat Trap

Bella_Fein
on 1/25/13 12:07 pm - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

A trap it is. This was very interesting. Thank you Ruggie!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

2BoyzNMama
on 1/25/13 12:21 pm - CO
VSG on 11/01/12

Thanks Ruggie.  I wish things like this would be on the news a million times a day to educate people instead of stories of football players being Catfished!

~Nickie 

HW: 292 SW: 289.2 CW: 248 M1: -27.6 M2: -16.2 M3: -12.2 M4: -13.2 M5: -15.8 M6:-9.2

Terrimarv
on 1/25/13 1:26 pm - IL
VSG on 12/04/12

Well, that explains a lot...  None of it is surprising, though.  I see myself in every one of these comments.  For God's sake, everyone here has to cut calories and carbs to an insane level to lose anything, and we can maintain on a what a "normal" person uses to lose.  It just makes me doubly impressed with the Candy's and the pinkjellybeans and the friscos for their amazing success in both losing and keep the weight gone (and you too, Ruggie ).

abrown8434
on 1/25/13 10:29 pm - VA

Thanks for posting! I really needed this and we all at some point need to be reminded.

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

Crabadams72
on 1/25/13 10:58 pm - Silver Spring, MD
Thanks Ruggie,

I have read articles like this for years. It really explains how a person can be fat but not eat a lot of food. YES, you do consume too many calories to get there, but once the dieting starts it will send your body into overdrive to hold onto that fat.

I recommend everyone that goes through WLS to read about what the scientific community has to say about weight loss and keeping the pounds off. I will be weighing everyday for the remainder of my life. It's that vigilance that we need to keep the obesity disease at bay.
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

diane S.
on 1/26/13 8:45 am

Thanks so much for posting this, young man.  I printed it out and took it to Dr. C support group today. I was trying to get him to tell me that my body would eventually someday sort of reset so I could eat more than 1100 or 1200 calories. well, he essentially said maybe just  a little but I really need to push my exercise and protein (dang it - could have predicted that). Now I am supposed to up protein to 90. cripes.

The article has some sobering information but it confirms what many of us suspected was true but no one else would believe it. But at least having our sleeves prepares us to deal with these unpleasant realities.

anyway, glad to know about this.  diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 161 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 433 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 456 views