Soft/Puree Foods

Calking
on 3/3/13 12:57 pm
VSG on 05/31/12

Actually I was mistaken about the brand name ... it was Chicken of the Sea and not Bumble Bee as I mentioned above.

3 oz.  is 70 calories, 1g fat, 0 carbs, 17g protein.  As for preparation all I did was use a tiny amount of Parkay Butter Spray and popped it in the microwave until hot.  Perhaps a minute on high ... likely a bit less ... usually I use the number 42 for seconds as it is always the correct answer to everything (Life, The Universe, and Everything reference).  Yep I am a geek.

Sometimes I would use a Walden Farms Bacon Ranch 0 calorie dressing instead of the butter to change it up some.  

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

jpsp30
on 3/3/13 12:33 pm - TN

Wow! Thanks for this post and the great information.

Jeff - Located in East Tennessee; Surgery by Dr. Mark Colquitt on 4/12/2013

Highest Weight- 511; Initial Consultation Weight - 474; Surgery Weight 450    

Calking
on 3/3/13 1:01 pm
VSG on 05/31/12

Yep, I am a fountain of useless information ... lol.   As I mentioned in a reply above I made a mistake on the crab meat.  The brand name was Chicken of the Sea.  What impressed me most about that crab meat is that it is the claw meat.  My favorite part of the crab. Yum.  Also the stats on that are above as well.  

I believe it was 70 calories, 1g fat, 0 carbs, 17g protein for a 3 oz. serving.  How can you not love that?  A high protein and delicious meal that is easy to prepare and very inexpensive.   Remember that since the fat is in a seafood source it is the good and healthy fat that is likely a source of Omega 3's and more.

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

Lisawithboys
on 3/3/13 1:08 pm
Thanks, that is a good amount of protein and low calories. I start soft diet tomorrow. You had a lot of good advice, thanks.
jpsp30
on 3/3/13 1:33 pm - TN

More good info! Keep it coming...

Jeff - Located in East Tennessee; Surgery by Dr. Mark Colquitt on 4/12/2013

Highest Weight- 511; Initial Consultation Weight - 474; Surgery Weight 450    

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 130 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 387 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op