Happy 2 years to me! Weight this am: 142.6. (edited in some paragraphs!)

Miss150
on 4/11/13 4:12 am
Been to school just now with your post. Thank you for taking the time and effort to chart your successful course. Read and appreciated.

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

frisco
on 4/11/13 4:50 am

Jo, Congrats on 2 !!!!

Great post......should be archived !!!

You already know how I feel about you and your accomplishments !

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

ParisGirl
on 4/11/13 5:07 am
VSG on 04/25/13

Great post!!!  And so glad to see you on the main VSG board. 

You look great.  I love your post-op approach.  Perfect for me to read as I'm scheduled for surgery in 2 weeks.

Keep enjoying the life you've worked for! mail

loverofcats
on 4/11/13 5:14 am

Wonderful post. Congratulations on your success and common sense approach to all of this. You are a role model and inspiration to others.

thank you.

gail

"          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

FatGuyInALittleCoat
on 4/11/13 5:14 am - New Orleans

I'm so happy for you!  You are a fighter, educator and an inspiration.  You have definitely utilized your tool.  Hope all is well with you.  Take care! kiss

Current weight: 170 lbs.

Once I reach goal, this cow will be killed & eaten... 2 ounces at a time.

Total includes 56 lbs. lost on 2-month low carb pre-op diet.  Start date 9/13/10.

jacreasy
on 4/11/13 5:16 am
VSG on 04/23/12

congrats!! Awesome Job!! angry

What does a day in your stomach look like? what foods and snacks do you eat??

(VSG)  HW, 346 SW, 341 CW 176.2 GW, 165  kiss

INgirl
on 4/11/13 6:22 am, edited 4/11/13 6:23 am

Thanks!

My days are pretty much this, though they change bfast, snack, lunch, snack.. snack for the road, dinner, snack.. I cook enough to have plenty of leftovers to munch on through the week, well stocked fridge, pantry & freezer means just a 1x week groc run for fresh veggies.

Up at 5am (I work 10hr days, and commute another hr in total a day).. coffee x 2-3, black w. sweetener.. then fried egg over easy w/ leftover meat, some veggies, cheese.. sometimes on a bran crisp, sometimes just plain. Some mornings are my fav bfast- egg over easy, bacon & avocado slices with sliced tomatoes on a crisp with a little mayo. Sometimes just a big glop of plain Fage Total, full fat, or 0% with cream cheese blended in, with some berries/marcona almonds on top.

Snack: baked Quest bar.. we have an oven at work, I use it.. I have a Quest a day through the week usually, they bake up nice.

Lunch- meat, leftovers from dinner mostly.. or 1/2 low-carb tortilla stuffed with meat/cheese and some veggies (that and the crisp are the only two "grains" I eat- I like them, and appreciate the fiber..) Some weeks we live off a rotisserie chicken for lunches and bfast egg add-ins, other times I make a huge pot roast or a bunch of fish. 

Snack: cheese/bran crisp.. or oil roasted kale chips, or veggies (been on a sweet pepper kick).. or eggplant protein "bread" pudding.. or nothing, depending on my hunger.. sometimes lunch leftovers if I don't finish my meat.. usually veggies and some meat or a hb egg though.

Snacks for the road- I have baggies of sliced up veggies I munch during my commute.. peppers currently, before that- cauliflower.

Dinner: meat/veg (usually 2-3 kinds w/ dinner)/fats.. pesto/mozz stuffed stuffed chicken thighs, fish & veggies, macnut crusted=yum, if I want a light dinner- shrimp ****tail/veggies. Been making lots of squash- spag, butternut.. also rutabaga rocks, good chips when you slice thin and roast.

Dessert/late night snack- whatever I'm in the mood for, if I'm nibbly.. 1/2 protein bar or piece of dark chocolate (when I'm in a candy mood- not often) or avocado choc pudding, or eggplant bread pudding with whipped coconut milk & berries on top.. sweetened Fage, berries.. leftover veggies, or nothing. 

On my really nibbly days, I have free foods to go to anytime I want- veggies, shirataki noodles.. 

edited to add: this sounds like a ton of food, but as you all know- the portions are tiny! My full fat foods still keep me well within, or under (as needed) what I need to maintain. The veggie snacks are the way I get more into my daily diet since I am so restricted when I eat meat first.. I may make 2-3 diff kinds with dinner a night for variety, but I only get a couple bites down with my meal.. they get nibbled later as in-between meals.

Ms Shell
on 4/11/13 5:58 am - Hawthorne, CA

Brillant!!

(deactivated member)
on 4/11/13 6:15 am

You are amazing, wise, strong and and beautiful.  This is a great post and so many people will be inspired by it.  Congratulations on the first two years beautifully done.

INgirl
on 4/11/13 6:38 am

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

I have to say, since I was self-pay- this forum and those that came before were my source of a lot of information and support in the beginning. Everyone here deserves and should take full advantage of the information here, it is a gold-mine for those that are willing to read, learn and apply the parts that fit to their own needs. Search out information elsewhere too, read a lot.. learn a lot.. as the information will help you the further out you get.

Either way, we all need to be open to change our lives/tastes/behaviours- it's not as simple as just having our stomach sizes reduced- that works for a little while- but won't work for the long-haul. That changing is the hard part. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 162 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 435 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 456 views