The Sleeve is not a Smart Surgery( my Dr. Appt. today) Vent

stephanieplum
on 7/11/13 8:58 am
VSG on 06/27/12

I'm stoopid too...128# later.  I'd rather be my kind of stoopid than his kind.  It is weird because I liked him during my consult.  He was not negative at all about my surgery.  

mrsfrogdr
on 7/11/13 8:57 am

If you are in the DFW area, my surgeon does GB as well as sleeves. 

Big Frog Kisses,           
 DAWN   

(deactivated member)
on 7/11/13 10:16 am

Hey Stoopid! This Stoopid here loves Protonix. I worked up to that though. First I was on pepcid, but I needed something just a bit stronger, so they put me on Prilosec. That didn't really do too much, so then they put me on Protonix. HEAVEN!!! Though honestly, mine was not so much reflux as just having a horribly grumbly stomach and feeling empty all the time (even right after I ate!).

As for Dr. Doomsday.... Screw him! In one ear and out the other, my friend. Water under a bridge. Let it go. But he is a total ASSHOLE!

stephanieplum
on 7/11/13 10:26 am
VSG on 06/27/12

I let it go...lol in the car. Then I went shopping and bought my stoopid ass some new size 8 capris, shorts and a couple of medium tops!!!  

I just couldn't believe it!!!  Thanks for making me smile!!!

ParisGirl
on 7/11/13 10:39 am
VSG on 04/25/13

Best revenge ever!!!  A trip to VS would really **** him off.  

Tracy D.
on 7/12/13 12:51 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I'm with you, Kairk - Protonic is AWESOME!   Started on Prilosec 2x a day but developed an allergy.  Zantac 150 didn't cut it either. 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

RollerCoaster14
on 7/11/13 10:51 am

I had my second class today (the first appointment you make, where they shake you up a bit and make sure you realize that no sodas is a legit lifestyle and tell you about the different surgeries.) The first class I went to said that sleeve was the option with the least complications, and a comparable success rate to the bypass, and that it's a pretty great idea to leave most anatomy in-tact.

Today, I was at the place that my insurance will cover, and they were like "You want bypass. If you like sweets too much, you need bypass to be successful."

*sigh*

It's not true, right? I mean, doctors' opinions are just opinions with some experience, right? They hear the same bits and oddments on the news as we do, and have their favorite surgeries as well, yeah? And I can still be successful if I have food addictions to overcome?

happyteacher
on 7/11/13 12:20 pm

For what it is worth...

My surgeon gently suggested Rny for me due to being diabetic and an admitted sugar addiction.  I was firm about my decision for the sleeve and he was just fine with that.  No problem making it to goal, and no problem maintaining so far.  I do still eat a lot of sugar though, just that I keep my daily calories in check now.  It was the right decision for me.  I could have done Rny and that would have forced me away from sugar (a good thing)... but I also would be dealing with the deficiencies related to the malabsoprtion.  I have my levels in check right now, but forget to take vitamins all the time.  Pretty darn sure now looking back on it that if I had Rny the deficiencies would be problematic due to my spotty vitamin regiment.  

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

RollerCoaster14
on 7/12/13 8:10 am
I have had issues with anemia before; I can't risk malabsorption issues!
lucy2e
on 7/11/13 11:10 am - Laurel, MD

I had bad reflux for about 6 mo after surgery - now I take prevacid OTC when I feel the need - about once every other week.  

Sound like the GB surgeon was a ***** - sorry you had such an aweful experience.  Hope you can find someone who will do the tests you need to figure out if it is your GB.  Good luck!!!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views