Any advice regarding monitor like body bug or fit bit

christinahelena
on 8/7/13 2:15 am - CA

Thanks much, it does help... It's bigger than the fb flex but seems very endorsed. 

Christina

TexasTerritory
on 8/6/13 10:14 pm
VSG on 07/22/13
I use the fitbit and love it.
Patricia2013
on 8/6/13 11:04 pm - Atlanta, GA

I use the FitBit One. It syncs with MFP. All in all I'm pleased with it, but don't think that it is truly 100% accurate. One feature that I do  not like is that it downloads my daily calories burned to MPF. Therefore, MPF adjust my daily calorie consumption yielding NET calories. I turned off the sync, because I want to stick to 400-600 calories a day. Any calories that I burn up is a bonus. Of course this is my preference, and others might not agree.

5'3 SW 218 M1: -22 M2: -12 M3: -12 M4: -12 M5: -10 M6: -8 M7: -12

christinahelena
on 8/7/13 2:17 am - CA

Thanks! I appreciate the insight!

Christina

Member Services
on 8/7/13 12:29 am - Irvine, CA

All of these sound great!  If you are not a very techie person make sure what you buy you feel comfortable in how it works so you will not be like me and get frustrated and won't use it.  It's kinda like the treadmill we all bought and we never used. Mine was used for hanging clothes on it. UGH   

Maybe you could start out with logging your exercise here using our Health Tracker. See how that works for you, I know it's manual and won't give you the real time cals burn but it might be a good place to start.

Health Tracker Tutorials

Getting Started with Health Tracker
Entering and Viewing Body Information
Nutrition Tutorials
    - Using your Nutrition Log
    - My Foods and Creating Custom Food Items
    - Favorite Foods and Browse By Category
    - My Meals and Creating Custom Meals
Activity Tutorials
    - Using your Exercise Log
    - My Exercises and Creating Custom Exercises
    - Setting your Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR)
   - Creating workouts with My Workouts
Band Tracker - Using, enabling and disabling 
Creating and Using Tickers and Widgets
Report Tutorials
    - Macronutrient Report
    - Creating and Exporting Reports

You can always buy the techie tools anytime.  Try posting this on your state forum and see if there is someone near you that has these items maybe you could see first.  

Keep us posted on your progress, you are doing awesome

Take care,

Member Services Team

christinahelena
on 8/7/13 2:19 am - CA

Thank you! Yes, I have a treadmill clothes hanger :) even though I use one every day at the gym because I prefer the expensive treadmills! I did not even know this tracker existed on here.. I appreciate the links!

Christina

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 390 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 422 views