Portions, burping and water!

gastricsleevedlife
on 10/15/13 4:20 am
VSG on 10/02/13

Ok, I know we are all different. But I recognize a lot of people stating they can only eat 1/2 a scrambled egg at over 4 weeks out. I am only 2 weeks out, and able to eat a whole scrambled egg. Frisco said above that it's the people that are 4 weeks out and can eat anything and are at 800 calories are the ones to worry. I don't want to fall into this category! I log everything into MFP and am only around 400-450 cal per day, but I am able to eat 4oz at a time (of soup like consistency). I have not had a problem with eating anything I have tried yet. I don't push the limits though. My surgeon has a very fast paced progression to foods. I have tried up to meatball consistency w/marinara and have not had any issues. Am I setting myself up for failure???

Check out my blog about my journey at gastricsleevedlife.blogspot.com

HW:287 Pre-opW:258 SW:248 GW:160 CW:235

Tammy V.
on 10/15/13 8:27 am - Alvarado, TX
You said exavtly what I was thinking. When I read that what he said I though well I am 4 weeks out and can eat whole egg too. Im so scared of failing this like I have everything I have ever tried. My Dr didnt tell me if my sleeve was tight or not. It worries me when I read some of these and I am already over eating what they can and same time sleeved.

Tammy V.
mmmesser
on 10/15/13 9:13 am

PB2 is a good thing.  I could tolerate it easily and you can make it as thin or thick as you prefer and it has good protein with few calories and etc. especially in comparison to regular bought peanut butter.

http://www.amazon.com/PB2-Powdered-Peanut-Butter-6-5/dp/B002 GJ9JWS

(deactivated member)
on 10/15/13 12:49 pm - Canada
VSG on 08/16/13

i dunno i can eat a whole egg.  but i could not eat a 1/4 cup of cottage cheese.  maybe two tsp.  i think eggs just are easy on me, i scramble them too, maybe that makes a diff.  they are super smashed and almost pasty. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 167 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 444 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 464 views