Can tattoos disguise bat wings?

SophieNJ
on 1/11/14 10:11 pm - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

just my 2 cents...I was told to wait a year after goal, because your skin will change/adjust during that time...you never know where it's going to settle....then decide to tat or not.  to cover scars is great..but if you think people are not going to see the bat wings, tat or no tat, I kinda think you're only going to fool yourself.  sorry hun.  oh, and as for career choices, people can and do change those several times in a life time, so gotta think twice about that too.  I know someone (he's 50ish now) who is still to this day wearing long sleeved shirts every day, even in summer, to his job.  

best of luck!

Sophie

bob-h
on 1/11/14 10:21 pm - Bad Axe, MI
VSG on 10/09/12

Take this advice for what it's worth. If your wings are anything like mine, might I suggest getting a flag done on them. That way you will always have old glory flapping in the breeze.  🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸   That will distract the stares. 

Failure  IS NOT  an Option                  

shess1025
on 1/12/14 5:36 am - Novato, CA

Granted, I'm not into tattoos.....but I think if you get more it should be because you want them...any side benefit is a plus. I think if I'd tattoo'd a 120 lb bikini girl on my 300lb body, I wouldn't be fooling anyone.

VSG on 3/13/13 with Dr. Gregg Jossart. HW: 364. SW: 287. GW: 150. CW: 190

Bloodshotbetty
on 1/13/14 1:21 am - minneapolis, MN

Perhaps get a beautiful shoulder piece to distract from your batwings.  That loose skin may be hard for an artist to tattoo anyways- it would probably end up looking distorted.  I was fortunate that I didn't get any loose skin under my arms so my tattoos still look like they did before surgery.  

-Alycia-

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 395 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views