So, today sucked.

Gwen M.
on 3/25/14 1:10 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Ah, I understand now!  How strange that you're not allowed beef and pork for so long!  

You should be really proud of yourself - you didn't give in to temptation.  The fact that you felt it?  Well that's just human nature.  But you overcame it and now you'll be prepared to deal with it even better in the future.  

You ROCK. :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 3/25/14 1:23 am

You only bought one bag of jerky.Before I am sure you would have bought two bags of something.Then it would not stop till you went to bed.You recognized that the stress gave you head hunger.Head hunger sucks.I can have just eaten and read a cookbook and be hungry again.So I know longer read cookbooks or watch cooking shows.

You have done so well so far.It is not easy when your head starts talking it is like the angel on one shoulder and the devil on the other shoulder.You are not whining you are venting.This is a big learning process for us.

We have so many years of bad behaviors and relationships  with food.Today is a new day.

wendyjoan
on 3/25/14 1:49 am

Humans make mistakes--it is unavoidable!  I think you handled a rough situation really well, and I love that you came back with a plan the next day!  We are all going to have personal setbacks at one time or another.  If you are anything like me, you have experienced those times in life when eating a "forbidden" food meant a tailspin of binging for days or weeks and another failed diet!  This time, you struggled, chose the lesser of your evils and were back in the saddle the next day!  Inspirational, for sure!

siberiancat
on 3/25/14 2:07 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN

Yeah - you have things in your desk/office that are options that you can have.  That is great.  I am 5 yrs post op so my diet is more varied, but I keep protein powder, tea, protein bars, raw nuts/seeds, organic cheese sticks and fresh fruit in my office.

Also, I've learned to think "I'm not going to let this ruin my day!"  So many times I want to throw in the towel but when I say I'm not going to let this ruin my day - I decide to march on and let go of defeating thoughs.

Best wishes, Penny

Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Tina G.
on 3/25/14 2:09 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 04/14/14

Wait to go!! You made it past an awful day, and you will keep doing it because you want something more than our go to foods. I read blogs like this daily as an inspiration for me to stay away from those things and I don't even have my surgery till the 14th. So know that what you write on here is being used for many intentions.

Just a suggestion for your work place, maybe have a "special" room where food like that can go, so it's not just being passed around. Or have a little power meeting about bringing food to work, ex if you are going to bring in food it needs to be healthy and get another work place to compete against to make it a challenge and fun. Some places here have "heart healthy days" and if you choose to join the fun then you contribute and if they don't they don't.

Just an idea....way to go for staying strong!!! Keep on posting! We all benefit from everything that everyone goes thru and we can all do out best to help each other out.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 167 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 443 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 464 views