Spring & Summer clothes- new ones needed

Cindy B.
on 4/14/14 12:37 pm
VSG on 10/22/12

As others have said, I'd also suggest not spending too much on clothes, even though you are getting close to goal. I dropped 2 more sizes after I hit my original goal so now I have some size 10 clothes, when I wear a size 6 or 8. The shirts aren't as bad as the pants.  For me at least, shirts can be worn looser, but the pants don't look as good as they could have if I would have waited until I was done losing weight to buy them. I didn't lose more weight on purpose, it just kept coming off after I reached "goal". Thrift stores are an excellent place to get some temporary clothes (or not so temporary) just in case you go down another size or so.

Surgery weight 255     GW 140     CW 128

gabby169kitty
on 4/14/14 1:36 pm

oh darn, you have to buy new clothes.  LOL  I wonder if it's like letting a kid loose in the toy store to buy whatever they want?

Tomorrow is payday and since it's Tuesday it means super sale at Goodwill. On Tuesdays everything with the tag color of the week is $1.99 or less. I like to search the racks for the really nice stuff. I've found brand new jeans that fit perfectly for $1.99!! Now I'm going to start looking in the smaller sizes for some things.

Surgery will be hopefully in October or November 2014, with Dr. Megan Gilmore

Nmmsg
on 4/14/14 8:27 pm
VSG on 07/09/13

I just bought 2 pairs of pants and will hold off til I see where my weight stops - i did not even consider that I could go lower than my goal LOL! 

Learn from your family history and rewrite yours!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 285 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 336 views