I Got Sleeved

joshcoop
on 4/24/14 5:21 am - Blaine, MN
VSG on 04/22/14

Yea, that gnawing feeling really feels the same as a bad hunger pain, so it's making me feel hungry! Annoying!

Scorpio98
on 4/24/14 5:25 am

I was sleeved a month ago.  The first week was rough, but I just kept sipping, sipping, sipping.  Make sure you get your protein in first with your shakes.  By the end of the first week I was able to get in almost 40 oz and moved to 60oz by the second week of all fluid types.  Hang in there--it gets better!

Tracy D.
on 4/24/14 5:35 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Welcome to the loser's bench, Josh! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

joshcoop
on 4/24/14 5:58 am - Blaine, MN
VSG on 04/22/14

This may be a stupid question, but did anyone have or know if we can suck on a piece of sugar free candy?  Not chewing, not swallowing. Just sucking on it. Thought I'd ask. 

Kelly Jean
on 4/24/14 6:44 am
VSG on 04/08/14

Welcome to the bench josh...congrats....   just please what ever you do drink drink drink.... dehydration is sucky...   you didn't answer the above question as far as I can see... are you on a PPI .. and are you taking them as dosed... If not that my be the gnawing feeling.... good luck with the ice pops if that Works for you that would be awesome... I wasn't so luck I couldn't do hot or cold for some weird reason only room temp....

Good luck and a speedy recovery...

KellyJean

joshcoop
on 4/24/14 6:56 am - Blaine, MN
VSG on 04/22/14

Hi there. Not on a ppi as far as I know. The only new things I got for meds is a sublingual thing are esophageal spasms and Protonix forstomach  acid. Is Protonix a ppi? I've been taking everything as prescribed. The gnawing is making me feel starved!!!!!!

themexcellentone
on 4/24/14 6:57 am
VSG on 07/08/13 with

Protonix is a PPI.  Maybe you need a different dose, or a different PPI?

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

Kelly Jean
on 4/24/14 7:06 am
VSG on 04/08/14

Talk to your Dr you probably need a different PPI. .. just remember it's actually impossible to be hungry... your tummy is healing.. it's probably either your PPI or just mental hungry... chew the ice pops if you can... That may help... I personal wouldn't do sf hard candies I'd be to afraid I'd swallow it... and that's not a good thing... best of luck it will get better and easier in time... take baby steps ... best of luck... If you ever need to talk I'm new but ask away...

KellyJean

joshcoop
on 4/24/14 7:28 am - Blaine, MN
VSG on 04/22/14

Thank you for all your responses. I talked to my Dr and he wants me to take mint Mylanta and mint tea. Then call him tomorrow. Hopefully this will work! 

Tenacious88
on 4/24/14 10:44 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/05/14

Congrats, welcome to the bench.

88 Lou

"We as Losers need to have Bull Dog Tenacity to win the war against obesity"                  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 254 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 321 views