3 months post op

bigredlt
on 6/10/14 8:36 am - Harrisburg, PA
VSG on 03/07/14 with

Thank you everyone!  Is it hard work?  YES!  But, my health was definitely worth fighting hard for!  At 3 months, I still consider myself a newbie.  I just puked last week because I thought I had eaten the right amount (didn't have my measuring cup with me).  I am still learning, and I'm still baptizing myself by fire, but if I do mess something up, I get right back up.  That has been the biggest thing for me.  Pre-VSG, I would have wallowed in self-pity and eaten an entire bag of potato chips, just to prove how sorry I was.  This surgery has taught me so many things about myself, not just head hunger vs stomach hunger.  I have learned some of my triggers, but more importantly, I have learned how to deal with things in a non-food way.  I believe it has made me a better person for it.  

42 y/o, 5'7", HW 289, Start Weight 280. SW 264 on 3/7/14. Diagnosed w/IDC 5/16/14.

KevinBacon
on 6/10/14 8:45 am, edited 6/10/14 8:45 am
VSG on 03/10/14

YES! It's crazy how much I have had to unpack and learn about myself. I knew I relied on food to medicate a lot of things, I just never knew how much. Relearning how to cope and be stronger has been a hell of a journey. 

You're doing amazing!

HW: 318 Date of Surgery: 3/10/14 SW: 270  CW: 154

robinreinhardt
on 6/10/14 9:10 am

Way to go girl. You are an inspiration to all of us new people. Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing.

Robin

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 76 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 279 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 332 views