Diet for life??

Gwen M.
on 7/11/14 7:09 am
VSG on 03/13/14

http://summertomato.com/7-reasons-keeping-a-food-journal-is-better-than-counting-calories/

I enjoyed this article, you may or may not!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

trinoc
on 7/11/14 7:20 am - TN
VSG on 01/14/14

I am not sure how to feel about this.  I know, for one, I got to be morbidly obese by healthy eating.  I'm not kidding.  I even run an eating well FB page.  Food, healthy or not, is comprised of nutrient components that we either do or don't need post surgery.  Protein is vital.  I only count calories because you can't eliminate them from the my fitness pal screen.  BUT, I use MFP because I'm not going to play around w/ getting enough protein.  I can't "guess" my way to the correct protein numbers and if I tried to eyeball I'd fail.  But it might be more natural to you.

I guess I just wanted to warn you about the "eating healthy" part of your post because you can eat your way to fat on healthy options. 

But no matter how you choose to go about it, I wish you the best!

Tricia

M1 -26, M2 -14, M3 -14, M4 -12, M5 -12, M6 -11, M7 -10, M8 -12, M9 -5, Goal Reached 9 months and 14 days

White Dove
on 7/10/14 4:38 pm - Warren, OH

Obesity is a disease.  It is not fair, but people without the disease can eat what they like and not gain weight and people with the disease have to be careful about what they eat or they will gain weight. 

Weight loss surgery does not cure obesity.  What is does is make it easier to eat small amounts of food.  It gives you a chance to put your body on a level playing field with those who are not suffering from obesity.

Once you lose that weight, then you will need to be diligent for the rest of your life or the weight will come back.  I only track calories and carbs when I need to lose, but I always weigh myself every morning. 

During the last seven years, there have been times when I let myself eat things that were not right for me.  Weight gain comes on very quickly for me when I do that.  Then I have to work very hard to lose that weight and stay at goal. 

I did not have weight loss surgery to give up dieting, but I had it to make dieting easier.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 79 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 291 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 343 views