Buyer's Remorse?

ToFreeSkinnyMe
on 8/17/14 4:19 am
VSG on 07/28/14

I'll be 3 weeks tomorrow. I'm back to work but I have found that on Sat and Sun I 'build' my weeks food. I put my deli meat in little snack size baggies with a 1/2 slice of cheese. I have tuna pouches. I have a few containers of refried beans with a little cheese and taco sauce ready to be thrown in the microwave. I hard boil 2-3 eggs and make little containers of humas. I have MY shelf in the fridge. This saves me from having to think about food to much. This is just my routine. It helps me. Good luck.

Bob-47
on 8/17/14 6:31 am

I also have a shelf in the fridge. I probably throw 1/2 the stuff out before I get to eat it but I do try to prepare some things.

redviking
on 8/17/14 4:28 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 07/22/14

I am almost 4 weeks out and I went back to work last week. It really helped. I was getting cabin fever. Too much time alone with nothing to do!  Getting out in the world, having goals beyond eating and drinking, fitting back into your live...it makes all the difference!

Good luck! It will get better!

Sonja

Referral: Nov 12   Sleep Study: Feb 13   Orientation: Feb 13  1st appt NSWD: May 13   2nd appt NSWD July 13  2nd Sleep Study: Dec 13   Post Op Nut: April 14 Meet Dr. Pereira-Hong: May 14  PATTS: July 8 14   Surgery: July 22 14

Bob-47
on 8/17/14 6:35 am

Getting back to work is still a few weeks out. I find myself to be a very scheduled type of person so at work I know I will do fine. Bored as hell right now tho. Went to my son's football scrimmage on Sat. and thinking about having to eat something and drink something was a bummer. I know it will get easier with time.

DSJSMOM23
on 8/17/14 4:37 am
VSG on 06/24/14

It will get better, I promise! I will be 8 weeks on Tuesday, and I can say that the first month was awful. I HATED food, I felt like it was such a chore to eat all.the.time. UGH!

I am finding it so much better now. I feel awesome, and am ready to get back to exercising (I finally have my energy back) Just waiting for dr clearance to start boot camp again :)

Good luck & remember you just had MAJOR surgery. Be patient, and most of all, be kind to yourself.

Bob-47
on 8/17/14 6:39 am

So glad you are doing well. Awesome is the way I felt pre surgery and I miss it. Almost felt like a runners high for me. I still walk 2-3 miles a day, at a slower pace of course but still not as satisfying as going full out. I need to keep reminding myself I am only 2-1/2 weeks out and give myself a break.Thanks for the feedback.

skeller
on 8/17/14 4:57 am - Austin, TX
VSG on 05/01/14 with

First of all, HUGS! I'm sorry you're feeling down.

I think all the adjustments post-surgery are absolutely overwhelming, so no wonder you are feeling blue! Just keep plugging away at getting used to your new situation, find a routine, and you will be fine. It just takes some time. You can do it, though, and you're definitely not alone with these feelings!

DOB 1958, HT 5'4" . . . HW 310, SW 281, CW 184.3

M1 -25, M2 -7, M3 -11.9, M4 -7.6, M5 -11.8, M6 -9.6, M7 -1.7, M8 -10, M9 -5, M10 -5

Bob-47
on 8/17/14 6:44 am

So true about the adjustments. Glad to know I'm not alone with these feelings. I don't regret doing it at all, but maybe naïve in thinking it would be so easy. I knew this is a lifestyle change and reality might have just kicked me in the butt for now, but I will win this race.  

ywgchick
on 8/17/14 9:14 am
VSG on 05/08/14

I'm 3 months out. I felt the same way too. I think I was mourning food, thinking about everything I couldn't eat. I was a bit depressed about but it also made me realize how food was ruling my life. I had a stressful few days at work and all I wanted to do was eat something unhealthy. It was an eye-opening realisation.

All that to say, hang in there. I can promise you, it will get better.

Height: 5'1 | HW: 200 lbs | CW: 136

Bob-47
on 8/17/14 9:34 am

Thanks for all the words of encouragement. It has helped a lot.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 309 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 356 views