Help please

Valerie G.
on 10/23/14 3:30 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Call Doc NOW.  You should be able to sip water fine.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

BurberryPlaid
on 10/23/14 5:31 am - MA
VSG on 09/29/14

Are you having spasms when you try to drink? If so, you can get a prescription to help with that. I had spasms for about a week that made it hard to drink anything but the meds helped.

- Steph Consult W 311 / SW 293 / Current W 267/ GW 165-160 HT: 5'9"

Mary M.
on 10/23/14 5:54 am - Coon Rapids, MN

Provided you can eventually get the water down and it's not being totally blocked, you can give it time. At first everything is swollen in there from the surgery. It takes awhile for things to calm down and relax a little in there. Tiny sips, no straw, every 10 minutes. Yes, room temperature water is better. If things don't improve camp out at the Surgeon's office until someone helps you.

Blithe1212
on 10/23/14 10:46 am
VSG on 03/05/14

I had the same trouble. I stopped taking my vitamins for awhile. One chewable filled me up. I got dehydrated and had to get Iv fluid twice. It was a good three months before things got better for me. Ice pops only have oe once...it would take me forever to just eat one. I just did one once shots every 15 mins as tolerated. 

Do the best you can now. Everything is still swollen inside. I was way behind on what I could eat but that's o.k. Everyone is different. If you think you are dehydrated go to the ER. Give your body time to heal.

I wish you the best!

sunshine66
on 10/25/14 1:49 am

Baby steps.  Keep the faith.  You will get there.  Follow doctors orders.  Keep you eye on the PRIZE!  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 87 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 301 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 348 views