A bad day :(

bellamorte17
on 10/25/14 12:10 am
VSG on 09/10/14

My nutritionist told me I need carbs. I had been very tired and sluggish. Avoiding pasta, bread, potatoes etc and he actually gave me the green light to have them!!! Still always protein first.  Don't be so hard on yourself.  Instead appreciate how far you've gone in your journey so far. Also, an occasional indulgence will not be the end of you! Keep your head high and mind clean.. you got this! 

Laura in Texas
on 10/26/14 12:36 am

Personally, I get my carbs from veggies and fruit, not starches like pasta, bread, and potatoes. Be careful eating them, even though your nut told you to. According to your ticker you still have a lot to lose. For many of us eating crappy carbs gives us intense cravings for more crappy carbs.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

bellamorte17
on 10/26/14 1:01 am
VSG on 09/10/14

I'm about 6 1/2 weeks out from surgery and down 39 pounds. I was having a hard time hitting my calories goal on the puree and soft foods diet. Had not put one piece of bread, pasta, or potato in my mouth for fear of bad carbs. All I'm saying is that one cookie or one bite of pasta is not the end all for most people!  Its about making smart decisions the majority of the time. This includes staying active.  I think so many people on the sleeve freak out and forget their own accomplishments.  

I do appreciate the carb advice. I'm too smart to load myself up with carbs.  But if I finish my protein and veg and am still hungry, I'm not going to beat myself up about gaving a couple spoons of mash. 

Willie H.
on 10/25/14 6:04 am
VSG on 08/26/14

Wow, if one cookie is a fall then I am a disaster falling into an abyss!! I've had surgery two months ago and I've eaten things I should not have eaten. I've lost 47 lbs but I've have my share of slips and falls. I am re-learning how to eat and yes I will make mistakes from time to time-not using it as an excuse but hey this is life and I'm not going to change my decades of bad habits in just a few months. I'm not going to change the things happening around me-stress, death, relatives, life in general! I can only change me. So while I do get upset at myself and feel guilty like you are when I make a slip up, I've learned to move on. I put whatever it is I ate into my daily log, and take something else away. It makes me realize it was not worth the empty calories  sugar and fat. I mean is a 1/2 doughnut at 250 calories compared to a nice grilled chicken salad worth it? No. Nor as satisfying or fulfilling. So I am learning to drink more water, exercise more and I've become a more selective eater as opposed to an automatic one. Yet, mistakes will creep up and you did exactly what you were suppose to do-you came to this forum for help, encouragement and suggestions. We're going to fall from time to time but we have to keep getting up, and with so many hands on this forum reaching down to pull us up- we will eventually get to our destination. But for the time being-learn the terrain-bumps, pits and turn-not always smooth is it? Enjoy the ride, and we will eventually help others get there also!!!

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

ywgchick
on 10/25/14 10:36 am
VSG on 05/08/14

You never know, If you've been in a stall, that cookie might even been helpful. Shaking up your diet sometimes helps. Granted, there are better carb choices you coulf have made, but don't beat yourself up about it!

Height: 5'1 | HW: 200 lbs | CW: 136

sdkitty
on 10/25/14 11:11 am, edited 10/25/14 11:12 am

Thanks again everyone :) I've done much better today. My son's birthday party is Saturday and I'll be seeing a lot of family/friends I haven't seen since surgery so I'll have a mini goal this week of doing the best I can before I see everyone!! Hopefully that will keep me motivated and not let things get me down.

Kelly Jean
on 10/25/14 9:07 pm
VSG on 04/08/14

The past is in the past so don't look back move forward!!! 1 cookie is no biggie especially in 4 months you have done Great!!!  If your having stalls try to change it up a bit more protein or less carbs more water ... different exercise ... more sleep!!! 74 lbs in 4 months is awesome! !! Don't stress yourself out!!! And remember when we stall you still may be loosing inches !!! :-)

♡ Kelly 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views