Question about health...

bikrchk
on 11/21/14 4:13 am

You're "30ish".  At 30ish I was a "healthy fat person" too.  Once I hit 40 carrying all that extra poundage things began to slide down hill FAST.  First it was the blood pressure, just a water pill at first, but that wasn't enough by 45 and I needed and additional prescription. It was still high. Then came the statin for cholesterol, multiple asthma meds... you get the picture.  My final straw when when my PCP said I was pre-diabetic. That disease does not run in my family. I'd have been the first.  I took none of this in my 30's.  You can't say for certain that your weight will catch up with you in the same way mine did with me, but eventually, you will likely experience health problems as a result of obesity.  If only I'd had this tool to help me deal with mine 20-30 years ago! 

Sweat is fat crying

Thebiggestloser
on 11/21/14 5:27 am
VSG on 11/19/14 with

I agree with the others. I was sleeved Wednesday. I'm 29 BMI but zero health problems other than morbid obesity. But diabetes, heart disease, etc are just a matter of time. 

I'm so glad for this website and these people - so happy I did this for my health and future. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 276 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views