Almost 4 months out having bad depression

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 6/3/15 11:59 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

I was taking anti depressants prior to surgery, but quit them cold turkey once I had the surgery.  The mood swings from the hormone dumping were obvious, but I found myself spiraling down a rabbit hole of depression at about one year out.  I went back on meds and it's really helped me.

You may want to talk to your PCP and possibly switch meds.  Therapy has been crucial to me as well during the first year post surgery.  I think it's great that you recognize this and are willing to tackle it now rather than wait until it gets worse  

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Julie81
on 6/3/15 2:10 pm

Thanks everyone! It's reassuring to know that there is a reason for this and I'm not going bat **** crazy! I'm going to talk to my PSY about switching my meds and I'm seeing my therapist more often.

VSG 2/11/15 with David Lautz

TiaHa49
on 6/3/15 10:17 pm - Cleveland, OH

This happened to me but extremely late in the game I think. I was 19 mos out and everything spiraled. Prob was, I was working so much I didn't realize the abnormal stuff going on inside of me. I, at the age of 49, was dx'd with bipolar 2. ..a complete shock to me. Still trying to get med right but sheesh! I'm thinking surely the hormones are done dumping.  

Maybe mine is just life. I had no issues early on. 

Take care.  

Tia

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 284 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 336 views