How to cook fish without having your home smell like a sweaty fisherman's nut sack?

alouisa63
on 9/20/15 9:14 am - Farmington Hills, MI
VSG on 07/30/15

depending on the fish, I'll poach it in some lemon and fresh herbs.  Bring the water to a slow boil with the herbs and lemon, turn the heat off, add the fish and cover the pan.  About 10 mins later and it's done and no stink!

Starting Weight 375  SW 375 Height 5'9" 

SilverGirl2015
on 9/20/15 10:34 am

I like to wrap individual portions in heavy duty foil with dab of butter, a slice of fresh lemon or lemon juice, seasonings and then cook them out of the grill, delicious and no messy pan to clean up - I hate the way cooking meat or fish makes the house smell.  I even plug in my crock pot outside to cook.

Oneillch
on 9/20/15 12:13 pm
VSG on 02/04/15

It's all about the grill! Wrap it in foil with seasoning & herbage and no mess to clean up

Donna L.
on 9/20/15 2:40 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

One old cooking trick is soaking fish or shrimp in milk to defrost.  It eliminates a lot of the fishy smell and taste.  You can just toss out the milk after.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 9/26/15 8:22 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

I thought I was the only one -

I order it out and only warm it for less than 30 sec n the microwave or I broil it in my toaster over which I put outside so it doesn;t stink up the house.

Sharon

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 64 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 247 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views