I need to vent!

lbmoore0
on 11/3/15 5:02 am

That's very disturbing! If any one of the folks that have been critical had to go through what we have they'd never make it! We are strong and I think you're doing great!!

GoBlueGirl1998
on 11/3/15 8:29 am - MI

Opinions are like ********everyone has one! Who cares! Do you and don't worry about others!!

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

GoBlueGirl1998
on 11/3/15 8:31 am - MI

that should say a - holes! lol

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

samanthalc
on 11/4/15 1:53 pm
with

Interesting but irrelevant: I know someone born without an a$$hole. True story. Several surgeries later, he has one. Poor thing :(

Laura in Texas
on 11/4/15 2:03 pm

Stop talking about your weight loss. When you talk about it, you give people permission to give you advice. Save all the surgery and weight loss talk for support groups or this forum.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Angecakes
on 11/7/15 11:22 am - Spokane Valley , WA

People are uneducated about the whole process involved with weight loss surgery, and you are right - people are jealous, thoughtless, and plain old mean.  It's horrible, but just remember, they've never walked in your shoes and clearly they are not empathetic or courageous enough to even consider what it's like to be obese and loaded down with debilitating conditions related to being obese.  They have no idea how HARD it is to be approved for the surgery and all of the steps involved in preparing for the surgery and adjusting to a completely new way of doing something you've done since birth - eating.  They don't realize you are trying to overcome the baggage and hurt you've experienced while being judged, teased, laughed at, and criticized because of your weight.  Kill em with kindness.  Don't let ignorant and tactless people bring you down!  You've come so far and you know what you've been through and what a struggle it's been.  When my brother says mean things to me, I always think in my head, "It's ok.  He can't help it.  He's just mentally disabled," and then I chuckle inside.  As for jealous people, eat your hearts out!  :)  Keep doing what you're doing for yourself and reaping the benefits of a choice you made to improve your physical and emotional health.  You are getting your life back - it's not your fault these people clearly don't even have one to start with and have to pick on you to feel better about themselves.  ;)   

~Angecakes~

32 years old; Height: 5'6.5";   4 Wks Pre-op: 10/14/15 - 312 lbs with BMI 55

Surgery Date: 11/11/15 -  271 lbs;  3 Wks Post-op: 12/02/15 - 253 lbs with BMI 44 

lbmoore0
on 11/9/15 7:03 am

Thank you SO MUCH!!  I desperately needed to hear everything you said!  I appreciate the support and the encouragement!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 71 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 264 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views