Darn stall and afraid to eat

CerealKiller Kat71
on 12/22/15 3:22 pm
RNY on 12/31/13
On December 22, 2015 at 10:01 PM Pacific Time, ubserved wrote:

I never advocated for someone to eat a candy bar or some junk food to break a stall. I would have recommended adding in an extra protein shake or two. Is there some reason you have to be a consistent confrontational jackass? If I had a nickel for every time I dealt with some one that is alive simply because a condom broke, I'd be a billionaire kicking back on the beach in Aruba. Like those other two fools, welcome to the ignore list.

Wow.  

You just blocked one of the best and most helpful vets -- 

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

ubserved
on 12/22/15 4:49 pm

I know for someone who just stumbled into this thread or went back to the one that started it all a couple of weeks ago or so, I am probably giving off the impression that I'm a jerk, and to those who want to hold that opinion, that's their right. One today called it anger issues. It's not so much an anger issue as a standing up for yourself issue. This is supposed to be an open forum, where anyone can offer their opinions or information they have come across, sadly lately it is not that way at all. Some act like I am telling people to drink pure sugar or whatever i.e. something that would be harmful. I have relayed information that I have found on the Mayo Clinic's website, what my surgeon and other health professionals have told me, whether it would be considered ethical or not, I was merely passing on the information and I got attacked personally by it Grim and a few others, and singled out since then. One lady who agreed with me got so personally attacked that she quit the site here. That is Grim and his friends here taking it too far. I grew up a military brat, when fired on, I return fire, whether it be verbally, physically or at 1400 fps. If someone wants political correctness, then they are looking to the wrong person and should watch a Hillary speech if they want it that way. Some then tell me I should be smarter before commenting, well just because someone disagrees with another doesn't make it an intelligence issue. So much for being able to agree to disagree. I have an education, I have owned my own company for 25 years and counting. Stupid people don't last long as business owners. As to blocking Grim, I used to enjoy his comments for the most part, it's when it got personal and stayed that way that I said enough is enough. Sorry for the long winded reply, I just wanted to get my point across to those just coming into the middle of this maelstrom.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 12/23/15 7:48 am
RNY on 12/31/13

My opinion stands and has been reinforced by your post.

Two years post op -- and hardly a vet myself, I have found everything Grim has said to be absolutely correct.  I've watched multitudes of people have initial success and then regain, never reach goal, or never find success at all while insisting that their way is correct while citing every source except actual WLS success patients who have maintained past the honeymoon period.  

That's fine.  Everyone is entitled to succeed or fail doing it their way.  However, pointing it out doesn't a "jackass" make.  

We aren't at war.  There's no need to "fire" on anyone.  I am sorry you see the world this way.

I sincerely hope that you've established a relationship with a counselor.  After WLS, many of us benefit from a strong relationship with a professional who can help us sort out our relationship with food and it's connections to our emotions including anger.  

Good luck.  

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

rocky513
on 12/22/15 5:02 pm - WI

I thought the same thing!  Grim is one of the funniest, most helpful vets on this site and everyone LOVES him.  He has a wealth of knowledge and is a scholar who takes the time to study all sides of an issue.  His advice is usually spot on and delivered with a sense humor.  Anyone who blocks him is losing out.

I never block people.  It doesn't matter if I disagree with them or not, I feel I can still learn from everyone ( either what not to do or what to do in any situation).  I would hate to only get advice from people who agree with me.  How will I ever learn if I'm not challenged?  To anyone easily offended... block at your own peril.  You may be blocking a person that cares enough to tell you the truth and not mince words.  That kind of help could save your life someday.

I think I would rather get advice from someone who has lived the WLS life, successfully, for a number of years than from a doctor who has never had a weight problem, or lived with the after effects of WLS.  Surgeons are great cutters, but many know jack about nutrition and actually losing weight.  Reading from a book is NOT the same as LIVING the life.

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 12/23/15 9:01 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

There is definitely a wealth of knowledge on here, & the person you block may have the advice you need but aren't ready to hear. I think that's part of the reason for people & their blocks. No one starts out as a "jackass" on here. Usually its a communication thing, someone said something to someone else in a way they don't like, then they have a tit for tat spat on the board & poof, a block appears.

People can have a agree to disagree & then move on, but whenever someone feels attacked, whether it be real or not, will defend their position to the bitter end as if it was some kind of war.

OH isn't a battlefield, but I feel some people are taking it that way.

Like you said reading a book, reading tons of literature, watching videos & speaking with various Drs, surgeons, nutritionists is not the same as people who have lived the life post surgery. There has to be a balance. Weighing out what you've read or heard vs those who have lived the life is what everyone, pre or post op has to contend with & try to apply to their individual life.

Cheers to finding that balance. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

ubserved
on 12/22/15 11:54 am

Truer words have never been spoken so to speak. I feel you on that.

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/22/15 4:49 am, edited 12/21/15 9:58 pm

I hear you. I am 7 years post op WLS.. Last few weeks I could not eat a lot (long story) ..and was losing weight very rapidly.. Until a week ago.. Then, even though I still ate very little, I actually "gained" couple of pounds.. 

Last night I had a fit and ate 1/2 bag of hard candies... This morning...I am 3 lbs less that yesterday... Sometimes you need to break the cycle and confuse the body... Right? 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/23/15 4:38 am

Mayo clinic website have a lot of info that is very outdated. Very very old data, never updated.

Just because if is on that site it does not make it true..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Spencerella
on 12/21/15 8:26 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Starvation mode as it relates to obese people has been thoroughly debunked in the professional literature. It iimportant to keep your calories as low as possible to promote weight loss. Yes, you need to meet your protein goals, but that's it. No more calories are required. You don't need a lot of calories to do that. I ate 600 calories daily and got at least 80 grams of protein until I got to my goal weight. 

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

Sandy S.
on 12/21/15 2:14 pm - Skokie, IL

This is great advice. I think I'm on a stall too, week three. And I also think I'm starving because I admittedly do not do enough protein. Can you tecommend? I purchased premixed shakes, Atkins. Ordered some as well that I found on some obesity site but since you're having amazing results, please share. I started at 220 lbs now am 203. I just thought it would go faster. Thanks for any advice. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 294 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 344 views