Will I ever go back to feeling "full"??

Jen031114
on 1/26/16 8:17 am
On January 26, 2016 at 1:51 AM Pacific Time, frisco wrote:

Eating till full is how most of us got fat, eating calculated portioned amounts of food is key.

Eating till satisfied and understanding satiety is a learned skill. If you don't learn this it will be very hard to lose those last 80lbs.but and maintaining could be impossible.

The only way I can suggest is to go old school and add some determination and get it done !!!

Hope this helps !

frisco

I disagree somewhat with the statement that "eating till full is how most of us got fat."  Eating until way past full is how I got fat.  Eating when I didn't need food, and was bored and emotional is how I got fat.  

There was a lot more to my post than just the title... I said that I still feel hungry, and am trying to work out my guidelines.  There's a difference.  I clearly have a little bit of determination, since I lost 150 pounds during the first year after my VSG.  Just trying to get back on track.  I feel pretty successful thus far.  

frisco
on 1/26/16 12:09 pm
On January 26, 2016 at 4:17 PM Pacific Time, Jen031114 wrote:
On January 26, 2016 at 1:51 AM Pacific Time, frisco wrote:

Eating till full is how most of us got fat, eating calculated portioned amounts of food is key.

Eating till satisfied and understanding satiety is a learned skill. If you don't learn this it will be very hard to lose those last 80lbs.but and maintaining could be impossible.

The only way I can suggest is to go old school and add some determination and get it done !!!

Hope this helps !

frisco

I disagree somewhat with the statement that "eating till full is how most of us got fat."  Eating until way past full is how I got fat.  Eating when I didn't need food, and was bored and emotional is how I got fat.  

There was a lot more to my post than just the title... I said that I still feel hungry, and am trying to work out my guidelines.  There's a difference.  I clearly have a little bit of determination, since I lost 150 pounds during the first year after my VSG.  Just trying to get back on track.  I feel pretty successful thus far.  

Point taken and you should feel proud and confident about losing 150lbs. you clearly know how to lose the weight.

After losing 150lbs. the next 80 is going to be much harder, very doable, but harder. You will probably have to eat even less to lose the next 40 and even less to lose the last 40

Searching for full would be counter productive. Eating fixed/calculated amounts of food that is within WL parameters is all you can do.

Eating dense protein first like chicken breast to close your pyloric valve is the most effective way to hold food in your sleeve for the longest amount of time.

It's all doable and I encourage you to go for it.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

louloubelle
on 1/26/16 11:41 am
VBG on 01/09/10 with

I'm 6 yrs out. I have always had the Full feeling. That being said it doesn't mean my mind/stomach isn't able to push past that now easier. The same problem I'm having. I have gained back 10-12 pounds depending on the day. Way to much for my small frame body. Not sure if it's the same for you. But I know when my stomach is full. My nose starts to run. Or hiccups start. Again that being said I can ignore and keep eating. A little more.. That is how I've gained weight. I have decided to go back to really listening to my body. When I feel full stop. I'm going back to eating protein 1st. If I'm hungry drinking tea or water to see if that helps. I think for me going back to making a small plate and then saying when it's gone you are done vs bigger helping and thinking I need to fini**** 

I don't think you should see it as a diet for the rest of your life but more a tool... And you have to figure out the best way for your tool to help you. Don't get discouraged you can do this. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 284 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 336 views