Struggling today...

dobermanleloo
on 2/9/16 8:16 am
VBG on 02/10/16

I love your comment "2-week pre-diet is the worst of this whole journey"...  I sure hope so! I'm gonna bank on this comment! I have my surgery tomorrow AM... yes at hospital at 5:30AM YIKES I'm going to have to go to bed super early... the procedure isn't until 7:30am so for two hours I might just flip out with panic attacks. The pre-op diet for me wasn't too bad so if this is the worst part than BAM I'm all good...here's too hoping...but I'm so nervous its ridiculous!  If your hungry on your pre-op suck down another protein shake I did and love Premier Protein chocolate and vanilla my frig is full of them for post op... easy to grab... otherwise I mix them up myself since its less expensive I'll use the Unjury powder super yummy with PB2 powder...I've been ready every post on this site to get me mentally prepared for tomorrow!... best of luck to you on your surgery in 9 days... :-) I'll post how mine went soon... C

(deactivated member)
on 2/9/16 5:14 pm - Uxbridge, MA
VSG on 02/17/16

Woohoo, you will do great, so exciting!!! Best of luck, keep us posted and so very happy for you!! I am doing better today and I appreciate the support!! Much love n peace !!

(deactivated member)
on 2/9/16 5:10 pm - Uxbridge, MA
VSG on 02/17/16

Thank you so very much!!!!! :) 

ubserved
on 2/8/16 10:46 pm

Like I have posted more times than I remember, drink your protein shakes, drink your fluids, and just fill up on sugar free jello until you feel full. It's what I did on my pre-op diet to great success, it still sucked, even more so on days 1-5. Just hammer back the jello and you will get that full feeling for a bare minimum of calories. Just hang in there. 

(deactivated member)
on 2/9/16 5:14 pm - Uxbridge, MA
VSG on 02/17/16

Thank you so very much!! With all this jello I think My nails should be looking pretty good lol 

Sandra F.
on 2/9/16 5:49 am

I was starving for the entire pre-op diet.  TV commercials made me want to eat, eat and eat some more.  But this is the worst part and you will get through it.  Hang in there!

(deactivated member)
on 2/9/16 5:15 pm - Uxbridge, MA
VSG on 02/17/16

Thank you so very much, I am doing a lot better today!!!

JudithJohnson
on 2/9/16 7:16 am, edited 2/8/16 11:16 pm
VSG on 12/03/15

You are almost there! Ask your family to support you by not cooking yummy things. Send them out to eat or leave when they eat if you have to. I didn't do a pre liquid diet but I heard sugar free popsicles, jello and bouillon are a life savers to curb your hunger. Premier protein shakes will also curb your hunger, they are fairly thick. You're not a Debbie Downer at all, the pre op liquid diet is the hardest, once you are through that life will only get better. You are days, literally days away from the best thing you will ever do for yourself. Don't give up! You got this!!!

Judith, 46, surgery date  12/3/15

SW: 317 CW: 210 GW: 180

(deactivated member)
on 2/9/16 5:17 pm - Uxbridge, MA
VSG on 02/17/16

Thank you so so much!!! I am doing much better today. I had to make dinner for my kids tonight, and of course it is Taco tues, so that was tough , but i did it and I was ok, had my shake, my jello and staying strong!!

Luvmygs
on 2/9/16 8:13 am
VSG on 12/04/14

You're bringing back alot of the same feelings I had during my pre-op. Just keep hanging-in-there, its so worth it! You are going to LOVE your new stomach and when you start feeling healthy and thin, you'll see where all your hard work had a play in it all. Keep an image of how you'll look months from now!