Skin rash from Biotin?

Tracy D.
on 2/10/16 10:46 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

You could be sensitive to one of the binders they use in that particular brand of biotin.  I have very sensitive skin and what you're describing sounds like eczema.  Mine will act up if it gets too hot...or too cold...or if I eat to much wheat...or dairy.  You get the idea. 

If you stop taking it and it clears up you'll obviously have your answer.  But don't fret - biotin does zilch to prevent hair loss.  It'll help the new hair you grow be strong and healthy if you were lacking in the mineral but like another poster said - ALL the hair on your body will grow faster and stronger!  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

emelar
on 2/10/16 10:50 am - TX

You are very early out.  My skin did all sorts of things for the first 6 months post-op - dry to oily, to break out, to flaking.  Just a reaction I assumed from the drastic dietary change.

The only way to tell if something else is causing it is to do an elimination test.  Stop taking it and see if the skin problems clear up.  I've taken biotin since surgery without any bad side effects.  No rashes, no excessive hair growth.

KattattaK
on 2/12/16 8:30 am

Same thing happened to me whenever I would try to take biotin. A friend of mine recommended taking it along with phytoceramides. I have yet to try this though.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 237 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 309 views