Protein Shakes

TerriLMac
on 3/14/16 9:41 pm

It took me awhile to find a protein shake I really liked.  My nutritionist gave me quite a few samples before surgery.  I couldn't stomach Premiere Protein (it made me gag) and I thought if that is what protein shakes taste like and I had to drink them, I might change my mind about surgery.  However, the other sample she gave me was Unjury and it really is delicious.  So I use Unjury in the Chocolate Splendor flavor.  I have a Magic Bullet blender and I put in one cup milk, one cup ice and one scoop of protein powder.  It's delicious!  No weird chalky taste, no gross after taste.  Sometimes I add a half banana.  I'm 5 months out next week and still drink a protein shake every day because I just can't eat 70 grams of protein - I get full too fast and all I eat is protein.  Works for me!  I'm down about 80 pounds!  I get Unjury protein powder at the hospital pharmacy where I had my surgery done or I sometimes order it from Amazon.  I highly recommend it.

Terri Wippel, Surgery Date 10-21-15, Weight on day of surgery 268, current weight 188, ht. 5'8"

Eggface
on 3/15/16 1:39 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Here's a few recipes: https://www.pinterest.com/eggface/protein-shakes-and-smoothi es/ :) hope they give you a few ideas for changing it up.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

healthymekg
on 3/15/16 6:03 am

Thank you everyone for your suggestions and advice.  I'm happy to know that I'm not the only one that has cringed thinking about having to drink a shake.  I will try some of these options as I have not tried anything like these.  All I do is shake it up in my shaker bottle, so I will try blending some with my Ninja. 

Thanks again!  IDK what I would do without this website and being able to ask all my questions! :) 

Heather P.
on 3/15/16 3:04 pm

I've found that I can stomach them a little better when I blend it with ice.  The cold seems to help :)

Ht 5'7" HW 406, SW 361

RNY 3/28/16

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 81 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 296 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 345 views